Saturday, March 5, 2022

Card For Ukraine

 I already had sunflowers from Power Poppy but I hadn't had this one yet and right now Marcella is offering digital versions of these free for personal use, so I picked this one up to send some cards to my Brother and Sister in law who use to be missionaries in the Ukraine before my brother got Alzheimer's and the second one to my Nephew and his wife who adopted a little girl from Ukraine and also have a girl from their congregation and her family that are living over there right now, working at a school.

You can stop by and check them out  Here at Power Poppy 


I printed this one onto some light weight paper that had a linen finish on it, I colored with pencils since I wasn't sure how markers would work, fussy cut around the image.

  • Power poppy - Sunflower power digital stamp, Colored w/pencils
  • Impression Obsession - 6 in 1 Rectangle frames die
  • Simon Says  stamps - Tiny words faith sentiment


This one I colored with markers and cut half with the die and the other half fussy cut.


  • Power Poppy - Sunflower power digital stamp colored w/markers
  • Partial die cut using Memory box - Stitched Rectangle layers, fussy cut the rest
  • Taylored Expressions - Care & Comfort

Once again it is so hard to see what is going on in Ukraine, Praying there will be an end to all of this very soon, and these people can get back to the life they once lived.  Praying God grants wisdom to all those that are in charge and we can have an end soon!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
Connie

13 comments:

Kim said...

Much, much wisdom is needed for this situation. It all sounds impossible but I pray that wise heads will prevail. Your cards are lovely, Connie. Bright and happy sunflowers to put many a smile in others' days in these devastating days. Lovely sentiments, too.

Donna Phelan said...

It is so sad to see what is happening in Ukraine, my heart hurts for them all. I too have been making a few cards in support. Unfortunately, there are no Ukrainian Churches on Cape or families that I know so I am reaching out through my community. Your cards are beautiful in every way. They both are adorned with the sweetest sentiments as well! (((hugs)))

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, such a great card and added goodies ♥

Birgit said...

These are both lovely, Connie! Hearts are heavy all over the world over this, but I know that God is hearing all the prayers that are being lifted up. He will bring beauty from the ashes. Love and hugs to your friends and family that are affected by this.

Darlene said...

Both cards are fabulous Connie. Great designs you have come up with and yes, the people of Ukraine are in my daily thoughts & prayers! When people around here complain I just want to scream at them to stop complaining ... at least you haven't been forced out of your home and have bombs going off all around you. Ugh people just don't appreciate what they have. Love how you die/fussy cut the 2nd card ... very clever! Beautiful coloring too. Happy Day to you my friend!

JD/ Jill said...

Your cards are lovely!

This situation so hurts my heart. Praying for peace...

Leslie Miller said...

It's nice of Marcy to offer these and your cards are a lovely way to spread positive vibes in regard to Ukraine. Most of us can only do so much and I think it's important to put as much good out there as possible. You are quite close in heart to the Ukrainian people. I'm sorry about your brother.

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful cards. Blessings.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very beautiful cards. Very intriguing the way you cut one of you cards. Nice colouring too. My, we don't realize how many people are touched by this tragedy.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It truly is heartbreaking, but your cards are so beautiful xxoxo

Debbie said...

a real heartbreak in ukraine, i can't even watch the news anymore!! this card is so pretty, yellow and blue go so well together!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your cards are lovely.
Praying for peace.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

I love these sunflowers. I just picked them up so I could make a few cards. Great layout on both of these cards. I too am praying for Ukraine.