Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Do what you love

 Masculine card today for a guy who likes fishing, I know this guy would rather be out in a boat then on the shore relaxing but he will get the idea :)  I think the longest thing this card took was coloring that water, first time I showed hubby he said oh wow that water is to dark, so I went back in my room and tried everything to lighten it, when I came back out he said oh that's much better.  I cut the image out with decorative scissors and added photo corners then mounted that all onto some pattern paper.


  • Northwoods stamp- 2010
  • Provocraft - Scissors
  • Tim Holtz - THMM113 sentiment stamp
  • Pink & Main - Sentiment strip die
  • Photo Corners


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

April said...

What a great scene! This is a wonderful masculine card. Your water look great!

Louca por porcelana said...

Great job. Hugs.

JD/ Jill said...

This card is so very nicely done. great masculine card with great coloring. I do what you do...after I make my cards I always show them to my hubby.

and Like you said on my blog. Stress is why I don't sell my cards either. I was asked several times if I would make them some cards to buy. I feel it's a compliment. (and yes, who can't use the extra money) but it would take away my enjoyment of making cards. Usually when asked, I end up giving a card or two to people who ask me as a gift to them.

Donna Phelan said...

What a great scene and fabulous coloring! This image just makes you want to slow down and relax! Perfect for any man in your life, young or old or in between! ps love what you've done with the place! ;)

Esther Asbury said...

What an awesome scene card for a guy! I love the little bits of stitching in the background.

aussie aNNie said...

Colours are fabulous on this great card.. ♥

Debbie said...

what a GREAT job, you did an awesome job on all of the different components!! i love the old time feel the photo corners add to it!! let's all "do what we love"!!!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

It looks amazing, Connie! I do love the water and using the photo corners is a great touch.

-Soma

Darlene said...

Oh Connie what a fabulous card for the guys! On the hammock is exactly where you'd find my husband! lol Beautiful job and how nice of Greg to critic your designs for you.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice scene and beautiful colouring. You second run at the eater looks great.

R's Rue said...

Great job.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It looks great, Connie xoxo

Chrissy said...

What a great scene and love the decorative corners, makes it look 3D..fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

That water turned out great! I love the sun shining on it too. Great image for a guy that loves fishing. Even if he prefers to be on the water he will surely love this image too.