Saturday, November 19, 2022

Paper Hug

 I love this sentiment, it really describes what homemade cards are :)

I colored the stamp with markers, didn't get the blending I wanted on the bird, I often wonder if I don't try to blend enough but sometimes it ends up ruining it even more when I try harder, guess it just takes practice. I stamped the inner portions of the stamp with brown ink and the area with the text in black. I added a few gems to the flower centers.


  • Hero Arts - Birds in a Circle stamp, stamped in brown and black inks, colored w/markers
  • Teresa Collins - He said she said paper
  • Spellbinders - Labels 22 and Labels trio dies
  • Ribbon
  • Gems
  • Simon says stamps - Tiny words birthday sentiment stamp

Wishing all those well who are dealing with all this snow, if you are a crafter it is a great chance to just hang out inside and do some creating ;)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

16 comments:

April said...

This is beautiful! I love the saying too. Thescripp background adds so much and I love the sponging around the edges of that pretty die.

Debbie said...

ooooh i LOVE the sentiment also, it describes a card perfectly!! the bird is beautiful and perfectly blended!! i really like the paper with the writing on it and how you inked the edges!!

no snow here, not yet, but i can't wait!!!

Donna Phelan said...

This is sooooo beautiful! Love your unique design! That sweet bird, pretty posies and the script on that lovely die cut----soooo pretty!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Card Design

Kim said...

The snow has begun to fall??!! It sounds chilly way up there. As for your sweet card, Connie, love the little Birdy, the flowers and the script paper. It is indeed a lovely paper hug.

Daniela said...

Dearest Connie,
I so love your little bird on your card, he's so, so cute!
Have a blessed Sunday and new week ahead
Dany at ~ My little old world ~

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, Connie, what a gorgeous card! Pretty stamp, and you play so well with paper. I do love the sentiment.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a pretty card, Connie! I love the soft colors and sweet sentiment. Pretty papers and charming little bird. It's crazy how much snow is falling in N.Y. No snow here in Washington yet I am looking forward to cozy days inside to be creative. I've been outside catching up on fall cleanup. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hugs xo K

aussie aNNie said...

Creative and adorable card, and amazing colours, The end result is magnificent x

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Birgit said...

Oh Connie, you are rocking the collage style cards and I'm loving them all! The script of the frame is fabulous, as is that sweet bird and flowers. I like the sentiment too. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your dear family.

Esther Asbury said...

I love everything about this....the text background, the little bird, and that sweet sentiment. Those little rhinestone flower centers are the perfect finish!

Sandi said...

Very nice!!

Lowcarb team member said...

That is such a lovely sentiment ...
Great card.

All the best Jan

Donna Ellis said...

Connie, this is beautiful with those wonderful combination of papers, and the darling bird! It's the shapes and backgrounds that really bring your robin to the sweetest position! hugs, de

Lisa said...

Very lovely layering and papers for this wonderful bird.