Sunday, December 11, 2022

Birds of a Feather

 The lady that started our cardmaking group has retired and has made a big move to a new area, she is feeling so many conflicting feelings about it all, so for her birthday card I sent her this card that reminds her that our group hasn't changed and we will be here for her as she makes this transition.


  • Graphic 45 - Bird Watcher 8 x8 paper pack and Ephemera Assortment
  • Spellbinders - A2 Distressed Edges dies
  • Sassafras - Apple Jack paper (yellow piece)
  • Distress stickles - Scattered Straw (around the swirl piece)


Thanks for taking the time to stop by today, I hope you all have a great week ahead!

Connie

12 comments:

April said...

This is beautiful! I know your friend will love this.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So pretty. Nice layers and use of paper. It will be well loved.

Hena Tayeb said...

So beautiful.

Debbie said...

such a pretty card connie, i hope this helps to make your friend feel better, i am sure it will!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card dear friend.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

That is so thoughtful of you and the card is lovely, Connie! It will certainly bring her much comfort and make her smile.

-Soma

Leslie Miller said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Connie! Your choices for layering and arranging are beautifully balanced. The paper is amazing. You know how I love anything with birds. I would think a move like hers would be difficult if she'd been settled in one place for many years. I would not want to contemplate it. I hope she adjusts comfortably before too long.

Donna Phelan said...

Great layers, beautiful design! I love the bird and the sentiment, so lovely!

Lowcarb team member said...

Moving to a new area is not always easy and I'm sure your friend will have conflicting feelings... BUT I know, she will love this card.

All the best Jan

Birgit said...

What a thoughtful and beautiful card! You have such a kind heart Connie. I'm sure your friend appreciates your love and support. Thanks for the beautiful Christmas card!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie xoxo

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card for your friend that started your card making group. I am sure she really appreciated getting this beautiful card. You chose a wonderful image and great paper too.