Friday, December 23, 2022

For the boys

 I guess I should say young men, LOL!  Both of these are for older teenagers! I seem to be having a hard time figuring out what to do for this age group, you don't want them to be to young looking but you also don't want them to be old guy cards.


This first card was pretty easy, the paper did most of the work I just added the two pieces of ephemera and stamped the birthday sentiment on the one and popped it up.

  • Recollections - Awesome boy paper
  • Tim Holtz - Field notes ephemera pack
  • Simon says stamps - tiny words birthday


On this second card I didn't even bother with a side view shot because it is pretty flat other than the brads I used in the corners.  I colored in the different elements on the card using my chalks and attached with the brads. I added a candle sticker to the area that was kind of bare. Cut the image out with a wonky die to give it a bit of interest and done.


  • Hot off the press - Cardmakers Birthday card quotes image, colored w/chalks
  • Darice - Nesting Wavy Squares die
  • Graphic 45 Curtain Call paper
  • Recollections - Brads
  • Colorbok - art of flower sticker (candle)
Hope you all are enjoying these days leading up to Christmas.  I woke up last night and checked the weather our temperature was -7 and with windchill - 32. Enjoying my flannel sheets right about now :)
Hope you all are staying warm where you are and staying safe.

Connie

8 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I agree with you teenage birthdays especially boys are not easy ... but I think these two cards are perfect.

Taking the opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

These are both great cards for young men. I completely understand the challenge of cards for that age group. You selected great papers and both cards have wonderful layouts too. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Esther Asbury said...

You nailed it with both cards - they're perfect for guys of any age! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

Donna Phelan said...

Great masculine designs on both of them! I adore that stripey paper!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice masculine cards. Merry Christmas Connie.

Leslie Miller said...

I think you nailed it with these cards, Connie! You're the BEST at cards for boys of all ages. You've had a lot of practice!

Darlene said...

LOVE this creation Connie! You are amazing at coming up with designs for the guys ... thanks for inspiration!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are both great, Connie xoxo