Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Baby Jesus

 I realized that I had only made 4 cards for this month and I like to get at least 5 done, so I decided to use this new stamp I bought.  Spellbinders is now selling Stampendous stamps and this one was on sale just before Christmas, it was so sweet I had to get it.  

I used the technique where you add glue stick around the edges and then put down the foil over top and let dry and remove, it gives a rustic look, I think it would have worked better with a plain square then a scalloped one like this but it still has that rustic feel to it.  This set has different sentiments you can use with the stamp too.


  • Stampendous - Nativity Frame stamp set, colored w/markers, added Press and Peel foiling around edges using Simon says craft glue stick to apply it with
  • Spellbinders - Lacy Squares die
  • Anna Griffin - Christmas paper

You can see the shine of the foiling a little better in this picture.  There I finished them by the end of January :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, 

Connie

10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable card with little Baby Jesus in the hay x

Esther Asbury said...

What a sweet image and beautiful card! I love the gold foil around the edges of your sqaure too!

April said...

What a sweet card! Thanks for sharing the foil technique. It looks great.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

I love Stampendous stamps and this is the sweetest little nativity scene. You colored it so beautifully. Your foiling technique created the perfect frame with a rustic look to it which is even more appealing sometimes. Pretty paper. Precious overall. Hooray for achieving your monthly Christmas card goal in the nick of time!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This card is absolutely precious Connie! I think it's one of my favorites you've done so far. 😍

Lowcarb team member said...

A very sweet card, I like it :)

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

I am so thrilled that Spellbinders picked up the Stampendous line. This is a great image and looks like you are getting a head start on Christmas. Nicely done.

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really sweet image and your made the nicest card using it!

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful card. How sweet.