Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Flowers in Winter

 Who doesn't love receiving flowers in winter time, it just perks you up and makes you think of spring that will be arriving soon, and what better time to feel good then on your birthday.  I have been gifted with some lovely items from fellow cardmakers and I am going to try and use them at least once a month if not more in my cards this year.  These flowers and buttons were given to me. The top left flower I added a paper flower I had left over from another project between the felt flower and button.


  • Flowers, buttons and gifted to me
  • Lilybee design - Head over heels paper
  • PPD - Stitched Mini scallop borders die
  • Vellum
  • Papercraft inspirations - Greetings stamp set
  • Spellbinders - Back to basics tags die
  • Bazzill Brad
  • Gems

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I love the birthday card and that it has such texture and fun. Happy Birthday. Cheers, Ivy.

Donna Ellis said...

Cute, fuzzy flower petals, and darling button faces! Connie, I just noticed your blog headers and... BRRRRRRR COLD! Snow is so lovely when it is crisp and clean, and so icky after it's been "used" LOL Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

Mrs A. said...

Creative idea to use the flowers received from friends. This card looks lovely with all the different textures on it.
Hugs Mrs A.

Lowcarb team member said...

Flowers are always welcome, as a gift or on a card or picture :)

This card looks great and I like the different textures.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

How sweet and fun and cheery this is! You're right about flowers in winter being a pick me up. I'm all for it! Love your determination to use these treasured gifts from friends.

R's Rue said...

So pretty.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

This card is so pretty! I always love flowers, year round! A beautiful Valentine card! Happy New Year :)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

It's so nice to catch up with you dear Connie! I've missed blogland and your wonderful creations. 😊 I LOVE this one as I'm already half dreaming of flowers and the Spring season ahead. I know I'll be buried in snow for a while yet...but I still dream away! Lol
I hope you have a blessed rest of your week! xoxo

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful crafting and stunning papers and gorgeous design. xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet! xoxo

Debbie said...

very pretty connie!! i was just thinking i need to go somewhere and get some fresh flowers for the house!!

Lisa said...

Those are some gorgeous flowers and buttons. I have been trying to put all the craft goodies from other crafty friends in my tote and I try to use one item a week from that tote. It is rewarding when I can use up something that a fellow crafter sent me to use because they thought of me and took the time to send it to me. I can't wait to see other creations you make with your crafty goodies.

Graça Gamito said...

But what an original idea! With the junction of the button, felt and paper, it resulted in a beautiful card.