Thursday, January 12, 2023

New supplies

 When I saw the new Sisterhjood of Crafters Challenge to use something new, I thought what great timing I had just finished using a new die I had gotten. 

I will have to say I am not that thrilled with how it turned out though, the other sets I have bought in the series I have liked but this one gave me some challenges.  The set comes with two dies and the first one I tried well let's just say I haven't seen anything so ugly, usually I keep trying and not give up but this one went right in the trash, believe me there was no saving it.  So I thought I would try the other die in the set and it wasn't horrible so I used it but I think this is one of those dies I may pass on to a fellow cardmaker and see if they have better luck with it.


  • Gemini - Create a card - Foxglove die
  • Hot off the press - Cardmakers Instant card art (tag) 130 tiny words & Phrases sticker
  • Ms. Sparkle & co. - Wood grain paper
  • Crafters Companion - Advent Paper (purple strip)
  • Recollection - Heart Brad
  • Starform - Border sticker

As you can see I popped up the panel die just a bit.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!

Connie

11 comments:

Debbie said...

first and foremost, i think the card is so pretty, i like the colors together. i am not totally up on the "lingo" so i am not positive what you didn't like, is it the green part??

the purples go together perfectly, but i like the pop of green!!

Darlene said...

Oh Dear! Yes, believe it or not, I've had that happen and like you, I passed it onto a crafting friend who had far better luck with it! But that said, I think your cards is pretty and love the purple flower with the green leaves. Maybe that cut panel simply placed on a while card (CAS designed) would have made you happier. There are times that a busy die like this just doesn't fit well with anything else.
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Kim said...

How disappointing you don't like the new die. That said though, I rather like this card. Love the green and purple together.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sorry about the new die.
I do like the card you show here though :)

All the best Jan

Raquel Loio said...

Hi, I think the card in the photo looks really cool. <3 Greetings, Raquel

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Connie!
So sorry the first one didn't turn out and you didn't like the die. But I think this one turned out really pretty! ;) If you get a chance stop by and be sure to enter the blogaversary giveaway I just posted. Just want to thank all of my wonderful blogland buds like you. xoxo

Lisa said...

I know what you mean about having something turn out so horrible that it goes to the trash. I did a die cut once that was letters and wouldn't you know it, I was gluing them and not paying attention and got the word spelled wrong. There was no saving it, so I just cut off the papers that were unused and tossed the rest. I love the colors you used on this die cut and the card is a great layout too.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm not familiar with these dies, but I do think your card is pretty! The purple and green is such a lovely combo. I have passed on a few dies I was disappointed in. Not because they didn't work properly, but because I just didn't like them after I got them. Thankfully they were either on super sale or they were given to me. Better luck next time!

Chrissy said...

What a shame it is not what you thought, I have two panel dies like this and quite often put acetate behind them and make shakers, they are also lovely cut in gold and popped right down the center of a black panel, never mind, what you have here is very pretty with the purple and green, love the tag and dimension..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

The die is beautiful, so maybe try it on a simpler card? That said, I love what you've done with it xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

I think you did a beautiful job with the die! I love the purple.