Monday, January 30, 2023

Furbabies

 I have had two friends lose their furbabies in the past couple of weeks. First up is the girl that leads are music worship at church. Her and her husband don't have kids so they are extra close to their furbabies and he even writes comics about this cat they lost.  

I colored the cat stamp and then fussy cut and added it just above some lines that I scored on the front to frame the sentiment. I used a stencil to add clouds.


  • ODBD - Kitty stamp, colored w/markers and fussy cut
  • My Favorite things - Cloud stencil
  • Score lines

Shortly after that Donna told me that her dog was bitten by a snake and he didn't make it. They are in our lives for so many years and so apart of our daily lives. You can read about it on her blog.


  • Impression Obsession - Dog set die, cut from kraft and inked
  • Poppystamps - Stitched Landscape die
  • Memory Box - Grove leaves die and Bare Sapling die
  • birds hand drawn

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Daniela said...

Dear Connie,
both your cards are so so lovely and cute, thank you for sharing always your wonderful art!
Wishing you a most beautiful week
XO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, these are sweet, Connie, and it's super nice of you to make and send them. Just like with people sympathy cards I should have some of these on hand. Sometimes I get so caught up in Life stuff that I forget some of the most important things. Your kitty stamp is so sweet. The CAS-ness of both cards is just right.

Kim said...

Aww....both cards are very sweet, Connie.

Karen Letchworth said...

Such cute cards, Connie. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, too. It means a lot, and I'm happy to stop by and see all your wonderful art. I hope you're having a blessed week.
Karen

Birgit said...

Oh, that's so sad for both of your friends. We just lost our last kitty just before Christmas. I was devastated. They truly are beloved family members and their loss leaves an enormous void. That's very thoughtful of you to make your friends cards to show how much you care.

April said...

These are great cards! I love the cat one because I have 3 cats. Beautiful work on both.

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely made cards! They do become part of the family...so sad when they are no longer here!

Louca por porcelana said...

How sweet and kind...

Donna Ellis said...

I’m sure your friend received as much comfort from your darling kitty sympathy card, as Jack and I did from your thoughtless.thank you for your kindness, Connie. xx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Beautifully done and such sweet cards to bring some comfort to your friends. It's so hard losing pets - they truly are like family. Wishing you blessings on the week ahead. xoxo

Donna Phelan said...

Oh what a sad time for them both, especially the dog with the snake bite--never heard of that before. These cards are lovely! The cat and dog images are perfect, and I LOVE your cloud backgrounds. They are perfect!

Esther Asbury said...

It's so sweet of your to think of friends who've lost their pets. I'm sure your cards will bring them comfort.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Both cards are beautiful xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

I think both cards are very nice.
Pets are so much a part of the family aren't they.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Oh that kitty is darling and I love the scene with the dog too. Two wonderful pet themed cards.