Saturday, January 28, 2023

sending flowers

 Once again using some goodies from fellow cardmakers, this envelope and tag from Esther, I added some very old Prima flowers to them along with some die cut leaves and punches.

For the base of my card I used an embossing folder and I am still having troubles getting good impressions using my Tim Holtz 3 D folders, I am lightly misting the paper and putting them through my Gemini machine, I have tried all kinds of shims and such trying to get a good impression, was wondering if any of you have a Gemini and if you are having the same troubles.


  • Envelope and tag given from cardmaking friend
  • Prima flowers
  • Tim Holtz - Funky Floral #3 dies and 3D Quilted embossing folder
  • Spellbinders - Circle Delight die
  • Me & My big ideas - Gems
  • Martha Stewart - Leaf punch, I have added score lines to it

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Catsngrams said...

I do not make cards but yours are stunning. You are quite the artist.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, that envelope filled with flowers is so cute! Clever of you to add score lines to your punched leaf. I'll have to remember that. I hope you get your embossing issue worked out. Only the TH folders? I use a Big Shot and it works okay. Bonnie Klass says she wipes inside the folder with a baby wipe. I don't know if that would help you. Good luck!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very cute cute card. I love the small envelope. Cute idea to add the flowers. I'm sorry about your imprint problems. Hopefully someone can help you out.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! An envy full of posies is so cute, especially with the poke a dot envelope! I'm glad you asked the question about impressions thru Gemini. I have had mine for a few years, and just cannot get the same pressure as I get with the Grand Calibur. Probably for me, I'm afraid of "over" sandwiching and causing the Gemini to jam, the way Tim Holtz electric machine did. It finally ate one of my dies so I had to toss the whole thing. I saw Leslie's response and will try that, too. Thanks for sharing your tips and sweet card - and also, thank you for the sweet sympathy card regarding Kilo - that was so thoughtful of you, and blessed my heart.
love,
de

Donna Phelan said...

Love the polka dotted envie filled with pretty posies! Lovely all over!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

April said...

Such a pretty card! I love the tiny envelope and your layout. I only have the Big Kick machine. I never wet my card stock and my impressions come out nice.

Hena Tayeb said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Debbie said...

adorable!! i have some of those very old flowers too - everything looks better when you work with it!!

Karen Letchworth said...

OOOoooo....this is so pretty. I'd love to have you stop by and play along with us at Word Art Wednesday whenever you can.
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Have a blessed and creative week.
Karen

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful and happy card. Hugs and blessings.

Esther Asbury said...

I love how you used flowers to decorate the envelope! Such a pretty card!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely flowers against the polka dots :)

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

I love the envelope filled with flowers. I think I have some of those flowers and need to pull them out and make some cards with them. This is a great layout.