Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Foil Christmas

 The Christmas challenge in our stamp group was to use foil on our cards. This first die I had bought with my winnings from Penny black last year, I used mega flake foil to adhere to the joy die and the picture inside was also purchased from Penny black. I stamped snowflakes on the background and added a few more with my gel pen since the stamping wasn't showing up well.


  • Penny Black - Immense Joy die and Masterpieces Made simple, Home for Christmas image
  • IndigoBlu - Mega Flakes, Morris Dance
  • Stampabilities - Snowflake stamps 
  • Hampton Art - snowflake cluster
  • Gel pen stars


 I had also remembered that I had purchased these foil sheets a few years ago and then forgot and couldn't find the project I bought to use them for, so they finally are being used, the trees and deer foil all came from the same pack, I cut the smaller trees a few times to layer them up, and the deer were cut 3 times to give them a bit of dimension, I usually use my scrap cardstock for the background layers. In order to fit everything I went with a 5x6 inch card on this one.


  • Frantic Stamper - Oregon Fir and Small Oregon Fir dies
  • Rinea - Double sided foiled papers, Variety Woodlands
  • Impression Obsession - small deer die
  • ODBD - Christmas collection 2014 paper
  • Hobby Lobby - Christmas sticker book for sentiment


I am sharing my cards today with :

Four Season Challenge winter challenge

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

22 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely cards! I had a friend send me some gold flakes, I have not tried using them yet. (They seem like they are a bit tricky to use?)

I love your deer card too, great layout and scene!

Darlene said...

Oh Connie your cards are both just beautiful! You are so creative! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Vicki said...

Beautiful! The foiled sentiment letters look fabulous. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, January "Snow" Challenge.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Connie. That layering is so awesome and clever. The colours are stunning.

Diane said...

Beautifully created cards!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth, Four Seasons and Double D!
Diane POE FS DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Stencil Fun}

Birgit said...

Two gorgeous cards today Connie! I love the metallic elements you added to each of them. These are stunning!!

Debbie said...

gorgeous use of foil connie, both are so joy filled!! i enjoy reading cards that start with joy or peace on earth...not just merry christmas over and over again!!

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, I'm agog! Your first card uses a PB Masterpieces Made Simple image inside the "Joy" die, but you're the master that put it together. The "Joy" wouldn't be nearly so breathtaking if you hadn't added the gilding flakes. It gives it such a beautiful vintage look, a bit worn, but still so lovely. And the wintry birdhouse scene inside, well say no more, you know how I love all things bird. The swirling snow scene with trees and deer is close to my heart as well. Oregon Firs are right outside my windows. No snow, but that's certainly okay. You are right on task with two more lovely cards for your Christmas stash!

Leslie Miller said...

Darn it, I forgot all about my Double D DT hat! Thank you for sharing with us in our Snow challenge!

Donna Phelan said...

So pretty and festive! Love that JOY card. Foli is so pretty on cards, lots of sparkle, lots of shine! I love that sweet snowy birdhouse too!

April said...

These are beautiful!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love both of these - just beautiful! The foil on the JOY letters really makes them "pop". 😍

Karen Letchworth said...

What a gorgeous Winter scene on this lovely card, Connie. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at The Four Seasons. We appreciate your participation and look forward to seeing you share your talents with us again soon.
Karen L, DT

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So pretty, Connie - I love the foil - it adds such a nice glow. The winter scene with the deer is lovely with the swirly 'snow' in the sky. These would look so nice framed, too! x K

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are both so pretty xoxo

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous cards Connie, I love the shimmer and shine and cute birds and birdhouse and the deer grazing with what grass they can find, fabulous scene.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lowcarb team member said...

Two very nice cards.

All the best Jan

Donna Ellis said...

I don't know how you achieved that incredible texture beneath your foiling, Connie, but it is really rich looking! Your cards are fantastic! (and two down for this year's Christmas cards!)
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Lisa said...

I absolutely love that large JOY die cut and the incredible image you added to the O. Terrific die cut woods scene on your second card too.

Louca por porcelana said...

Just adorable!

Esther Asbury said...

Both cards are lovely, but I especially love that big gold "JOY." The image inside the "o" is the perfect touch!

Susan said...

Beautiful cards, especially the first one. Love the image inside the letter "O", love the gold of the letters. Thank you so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.