Monday, April 17, 2023

Beautiful Day

 I haven't used these flowers in a very long time, so I got them out to play, there are stamps that go along with them but I decided to layer pattern paper with cardstock for the flowers.  I only did two layers for each flower but if you layer them all together they give a very nice thick flower, but thought with mailing I should keep it down to just two layers. I added a little color by sponging on ink to the flower centers and then added some stickles too, the leaves come with the die set and then I also added the leaf flourish and of course had to add a butterfly also cut from pattern paper.


  • Heartfelt Creations - Delicate Asters dies
  • Spellbinders - Foliage Flourish die
  • Basic Grey - Picadilly paper
  • Stickles - Vintage Photo
  • Gemini - Butterfly die
  • Tim Holtz - Remnant Rub on tiny text

I would like to share my card with the following Challenges:

Triple B - Birds, butterflies and Blooms  I used blooms and butterfly

We had some rough storms go through Saturday evening, two F1 Tornadoes hit in our town and the one next to ours but we did ok, many signs down, trees down onto houses, the cats are not happy when you lock them into a bathroom, it would be much nicer if we had a basement.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi, hope you have a good week,

Connie

13 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Friend!
It's so nice to be back. I love how those flowers turned out and the whole Spring vibe of this one. I'm so ready for flowers and butterflies up here in the north! ;)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! I aways enjoy seeing die cuts used in conjunction with designer papers, and yet, never seem to remember doing it when I'm designing a card. (What's THAT all about? LOL) Your flowers look wonderful, so daintily inked and layered. thanks for reminding me to use my designer papers, Connie. Darling creation!
hugs,
de

Donna Ellis said...

Oooops! I am back wearing my DT hat: Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Happy Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Donna Phelan said...

Glad to hear you are okay, that's scary! Pretty card. I love the different shades of your layered flowers, gives them so much depth and dimension, as does the off-setting! The leaves and foliage flourish look great as does your beautiful butterfly! Glad you are creating more, must mean you feel GOOD!

Birgit said...

What a pretty card! I love the vintage feel, with the leafy scroll, flowers and butterfly. So glad to hear that you're ok.

Donna Walls said...

First, thank goodness you and your family are ok from the Storm. It's Spring and that brings those dreaded storms. 2nd, your card is lovely. I like using lots of dimension so this card is a special treat. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

April said...

Your flowers are so pretty! I love your card.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous flowers Connie, I love layered flowers and I LOVE yellow, so right up my alley, fabulous design with the leaves and butterfly, very pretty..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Leslie Miller said...

I have these dies and never remember to use them. They look so pretty in the shades of yellow. Very cheerful! I watch the news, look at the weather map and always think of my friends in those areas. Then I hear from you online and breathe a sigh of relief. I'm glad you're okay.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty. At first glance I thought you'd added buttons to the flower centers xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Blue and yellow is one of my favorite color combos and I love how you used it on this beautiful floral card!

Lisa said...

Great die cut flowers. Love the shaping and layers.

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a lovely card for Spring with all those dies! Thanks so much for sharing this at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Hope you come back often! xoxo, Aimeslee DT