Thursday, April 20, 2023

Vintage postcard

 I was going for a touch of vintage look to this card.  I used a piece of pattern paper for my base and then lined up my stamp so that the colors on the paper would be were the rose would stamp.  The butterfly seemed kind of plain to me so I added a little ink to it with a sponge dauber.

The sentiment and postage was from the same stamp set, I just inked them with red instead of the gray I used on the postcard stamp.  Added some pearls that I tried to color to match the paper but didn't do so well.


  • 49 and Market - Coral Mini Collection
  • Hot off the press - Postcards stamp set (2015)
  • Spellbinders - Candlewick Rectangles die
  • Pearls colored with marker
I would like to share my card today with Retro Rubber Challenge spring scene
The stamp is from 2015

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

Heather said...

A lovely vintage design, and so pretty. Just right for Spring! I wish I knew what year the stamp set was from? Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Mrs A. said...

You have aced this one. Very vintage with just the right amount of pink colouring showing on the rose and added to the butterfly. Perfect. Hugs Mrs A.

April said...

This is beautiful! I love the stamp and your card layout.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love the vintage style.

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous card!! Looking forward to catching up on your blog. I've been out of town with a family emergency for a few weeks, and everything non-essential was set aside.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful vintage card, Connie xoxo

Donna Phelan said...

Very vintage, very collage-y....love this style! Soft muted tones too. perfect!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Clever way to color that rose without actually coloring it. This definitely has a vintage vibe!

Leslie Miller said...

What a pretty stamp, and that candlewick border sure is cool. Your pearls look good with it. Definitely a vintage look to this card!

Lisa said...

Great job lining up the rose to be on the pink color. Super image and love the vintage feel to this wonderful card.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful vintage style and design Connie, love the roses and fancy edging with the pearls, gorgeous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Darlene said...

You wanted Vintage ... you got Vintage! Absolutely beautiful!