Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Four Corners Christmas

 I have done a Christmas version of these cards HERE.  In our stamp group the challenge this month is to use snowflakes, so I broke out a few different snowflake stamps I have to make the background and then just added sentiments to them after cutting them up.  I will share the piece I stamped at the end of the post.


The top two I had stamped with a blue I had but it just seemed to blend in with the stamping and I wanted it to stand out a bit so I went over with black ink, but then I went looking a little more and found a darker blue color that stood out well, so I used that on the bottom two and I also changed the direction of the cards.



  • Inkadinkado - Holiday Silhouette's stamps set for big snowflake and sentiments


  • Inkadinkado - Holiday Silhouettes stamp set (snowflakes)
  • Diamond Press - Happy Holiday's stamp set (sentiments)
Here is what my sheet looked like before cutting it up into 4 panels for my card fronts


If you want a one layer card for mailing and quick cards for Christmas this is a good one to do.

I would like to share my card today with Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge, they have a great inspiration board but I did not use it this time.

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Mrs A. said...

These look super with the bold sentiments. just left a comment on your other post using this technique which i am most certainly going to try. Hugs mrs A.

Kim said...

Those snowflakes are pretty. As are each of the cards. Cutting the stamped sheet into four panels is a great idea.

Birgit said...

These are gorgeous, and what a great way to get ahead on making your Christmas cards.

Darlene said...

WOW! Beautifully done my friend! These are all just gorgeous! Very clever!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

Donna Phelan said...

That's a great technique! I do love the different snowflakes and shades of blues. The sentiments are perfect! Merry Merry1

Lowcarb team member said...

These do look good Connie.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, you sure do have some gorgeous snowflake stamps! I love the sentiments, too. One would never think from looking at the cards that they started with one sheet of criss cross stamping. Wow!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are all so pretty, Connie xoxo

Chrissy said...

Beautiful snowflake stamps Connie and I love the blues and how clever to stamp like that and get four cards out of it,before I scrolled this far I wondered how you got the edges so straight and clean...now I know, fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

beautiful work TFS over at Peace on Earth Christmas this time and hope you join in with future challenges Elaine DT xx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh these are gorgeous! I still need to try this technique. I love, love, love the colors on these snowflakes and love the snowflakes. Great collection of cards.

Debbie said...

very beautiful cards, these snowflakes are all so gorgeous. all the sentiments are lovely!!

JD/ Jill said...

That is a clever way to make those cards! Your Christmas cards turned out very nice.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh how fun! I've never done one of those one-sheet-wonder things, but I'd like to try sometime. Love how your cards turned out.