Sunday, April 2, 2023

Ombre Resist

 The next challenge I have done is an Ombre Resist.  We were too emboss a background and the swipe an ink pad across the middle and taking a baby wipe, using small circles go from the center to the ends blending the inks, I was going for a vintage feel with mine, still not sure what I think about it, that is why no sentiment, not really sure what kind of card this should be.  I cut some wildflowers from kraft cardstock and added some ink to them with marker and little blending foam. Wrapped them all in some jute.


  • Distress ink - Gathered Twigs
  • Fun Stampers Journey - Lace Background stamp w/ clear embossing powder
  • Tim Holtz - Wildflower stems #2
  • Jute


We are both feeling much better, have a bit of coughing, worse in the morning and still a bit tired than normal but so thankful it didn't last two long :)  Going to try to get back to normal things this week, we will see how that goes.

Thanks for stopping by,

Connie

14 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Here's to feeling all the way better and getting back to normal. Glad you're both feeling better.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Love it! xoxo

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Debbie said...

i am happy you are feeling better, but don't push yourself. i did that and i ended up feeling worse a day or two later and then i understood i was not ready for a normal schedule!!

this card is so pretty and the technique you used is very interesting!! i have no suggestions on how to use it, maybe "thinking of you" or a "sympathy". there, i do have a suggestion!!

Chrissy said...

What a wonderful background, I love a grunge look even though it is not really grunge, it is wonderful and with the added twine and flowers, I love it..
Glad you are feeling a bit better..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Hena Tayeb said...

So beautiful.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So happy to hear you're feeling better! I love this card - but I adore things that look vintage and this exactly does. I think it'd be lovely as a bday or anniversary card. ;) Blessings. xo

Birgit said...

This turned out gorgeous Connie! You definitely achieved a vintage feel to this beautiful card. So glad to hear that you're on the mend. Be well, my friend.

R's Rue said...

Glad you’re doing better.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Donna Phelan said...

Love that background, it's subtle yet gorgeous! The addition to the wildflowers and sprigs is perfect. I adore this color pallet. Perhaps a Sympathy card--but I don't want you to need one! Glad you are both on the mend!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, that's a beautiful embossed background and I love the vintage look. An interesting technique which I may have to try. You can be confident that this card is gorgeous. I'm glad you're both feeling better. Rich and I came down sick with head and chest cold. Don't know if it's Covid as we haven't been tested. Our kits expired and pharmacy was out. Rich is recovering quite well, even with his COPD. I'm on the mend, too, but this cough is pretty bad. We're staying away from people so we don't spread it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased that you are both feeling better.
I think Covid does take a few weeks to fully recover and get your energy levels back.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous background!

Esther Asbury said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! I love the vintage vibes of this beautiful card!