Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Infinity Shaker card

 The next challenge I did was a infinity shaker card, I will have to say they are much easier than the traditional.  I did not have the actual plastic you can buy for these, so I used the clear packaging that came over my dies, the real thing stuff. I cut it at least a half an inch larger than my background piece.

HERE is the video that was shared with us to make the infinity portion.  We were to stencil a background first by using a rainbow of colors, and then lifting the stencil and using the same colors to fill in the background.  I added a sentiment on the inside but one tip we were given that I forgot to do is glue some of the goodies to your background so when it isn't shaking you have something there.

I stamped the cat and glued it to the outside of the shaker using glue dots.


  • Tim Holtz - Rays stencil
  • Distress inks - Saltwater taffy, salvaged Patina and fossilized amber
  • The Greetery - Crimped frame die
  • Penny Black - Bubbly stamp, colored w/markers
  • Inkadinkado - All Occasions sentiment stamp
  • Sequins and pearls
  • Thin plastic packaging from die envelope for shaker

As you see all my shaker goodies fell to the bottom when it stands up.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my goodness - that is SO cute and clever! I love the idea of something interactive like that. ;)

Donna Ellis said...

What a cute card, Connie! I've never heard of the infinity shaker card before, so thank you for the link! The sequins make for a darling shaker element in your fun card! (Loving your new blog header, too!)
hugs,
de

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely card Connie well done on innovation of supplies, too. When dont have it... use next best thing! 😄❤✅
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Beth Stamps said...

Connie, your shaker card blows me away with your curved colours. Perfection. That cat is cute and coloured up so nice. Hope you're feeling better!

Leslie Miller said...

I need to watch a video once and for all because this would be my kind of shaker card. Gosh, that's a great idea to glue some of the shaker bits in place. Love the rainbow of rays. Really cute!

aussie aNNie said...

A gorgeous card, the shaker is stunning.. x

Em Louise Fairley said...

So cute. I've never seen an infinity shaker either xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

A cute cat and a lovely looking shaker card.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Nicely done on this fun shaker card. That image is too cute!

Debbie said...

i made cards like these for my nieces...from my card kit/subscription!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous shaker Connie, I love the rainbow background colours and cute cat, love a good shaker..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Esther Asbury said...

Super adorable!! I love that awesome background!