Monday, July 31, 2023

Bridge card

 It was my turn to share a challenge in our group and I decided to go with Jennifer McGuire's Bridge card tutorial .  I like trying new designs and this looked like a fun one.  She did a couple sizes I went with her second card size so it would fit in an A2 size envelope. It folds up flat and when you take it out of the envelope it pops up and stays together.


I used a leaf die that I cut twice so that it would have a little more thickness to span the card and not be too flimsy.  I also cut the bird die twice too.

  • Spellbinders - Mosaic vine die cut twice and layered
  • Cheery Lynn designs - Feathered Friends die cut twice
  • Fiskars - Stamped sentiment
  • Enamel Accents - Black for bird's eye
  • K & co. - Blue Awning Paper


I thought of another idea so I ended up making another one, this time a little more masculine. I used all paper from the paper pack, just fussy cut the leaves from the paper and added some cardstock to the back to make it stiffer, and cut the sentiment from the paper and also added a couple pieces of cardstock behind that to make it stronger, so there is a bridge at the top and bottom.



  • Heartfelt Creations - Woodsy Wonderland Collection papers

Here are some pictures of the scoring and folding I did to give you more of idea how it goes together. If you decide to make one just be careful when you are adding your glue that you do not get it on the middle section or you will glue it together and it won't pop up for dimension.



Cut paper at 10 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches. Score at 1 1/4, 2 /14 and 3 1/4 from each long end.


Fold the 3 1/4 inch score toward the center of the card on both sides and then accordion fold the rest until it looks like this.


If I am not clear enough watching the video link at the top is your best bet :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and hope you have a great week ahead!

Connie

13 comments:

April Williams said...

These are so pretty! I especially like the deer card. Thanks for the tutorial. I love fun fold cards too!

Debbie said...

this is great connie, with awesome directions!! i really liked the blue bird but then the deer...they were so unexpected!! you were a great host!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, I bookmarked this technique years ago from Pam Sparks' blog and have always wanted to try it. Crazy that all this time has passed and I still haven't done it, sheesh. You, however, have made two cards, both beautiful! I do love bird cards, but I'm also partial to anything woodland and you have always used your Heartfelt woodland collection so beautifully. I feel like I could walk right into that one!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I just love these Connie! They're so pretty and it's neat how it's so dimensional standing up like that. I will have to try to attempt this sometime - although would probably take me a few tries! Lol Very cool. 💗

Lowcarb team member said...

These both look great Connie, I especially like the deer one.
Happy August Wishes.

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

These are so FUN and beautiful! Loving the leaves and greenery on the front of each of them! The papers on your 1st one are so beautiful! The deer peeking through do make for a very handsome masculine card. Well done!

Chrissy said...

Such a fun and beautiful fold and I love your bird and branch, but those deer hiding in the forest is just gorgeous, I LOVE that one..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty! xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Both cards are beautiful! I love that cool fun fold!

Karen Letchworth said...

In all my crafting, I've never attempted or made a folded card. Nothing special or fancy here. I'm such a creature of habit - especially in my crafting. This is fabulous, Connie.

Lisa said...

Two great bridge cards. The paper on the second one is really beautiful. I love the gorgeous die cuts on the first one too. Nicely done with this fun fold.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful! Best wishes.

Beth Stamps said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing the video and showing your photos. Yesterday I found a card I want to make for Christmas and the directions were not provided to me. I'm tickled. Hee hee. Your first card looks beautiful with the distressed background and bluejay. Well done. Your deer card blows me away. I love the deers peaking through and the wealth of hanging leaves. You rock!