Thursday, July 27, 2023

Something new

 The next challenge in our group was to make a card using something new, that we hadn't used before.  I bought this die when Hobby Lobby was getting rid of all their dies, I thought I might as well try them since it was at a good price and if I didn't like it I didn't spend too much on it, well I actually enjoyed stitching it up, and it went fairly quickly once I decided on what color floss to use. I used 3 strands of floss on this, except for the very center, I think I did just two strands.


  • Spellbinders - Stitched Petal Frame die, using DMC floss, die cut from white cardstock, and layered onto a cream cardstock base
  • Tim Holtz - Metallic Sticker book sentiment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and hope all those effected by the heat can stay cool today, we are to hit 99 with a heat index into the 100's.  No working out in the yard today.

Connie

13 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, pretty, Connie! The stitching dies were quite a novelty when they came on the market. You did a beautiful job on this and it will be a very special card for someone. Too bad they quit carrying dies, but I think Joann's did the same in their store. Only Cricut stuff now. Yes, it sounds like it will be too hot for yard work today!

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Connie! I love the colors you used for the stitching. So many new things are out now, it's hard to keep up. Glad you got this die for such a steal.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This is so pretty Connie! I love the colors you chose. And I think it's especially neat with all the floss threaded through. Beautiful job! Stay cool out there!

Donna Phelan said...

WHOA! That looks amazing! Lots of work, but what a fabulous focal point. You need nothing else it's so magnificent! Ok, a small sentiment will work lol So beautiful!

Beth Stamps said...

Oh, Connie, this is just over-the-top gorgeous. You really outdid yourself. What a lovely die. You selected beautiful colours of threads.

April said...

This is so pretty! You did a great job. I love it!

Debbie said...

what a great card connie, i'm glad you enjoyed stitching it!!! although it's new, i think we will see more like it in the future!!

Chrissy said...

How beautiful Connie.. gorgeous card, I love the stitching and design of the panel, beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Great stitching on this gorgeous die cut. I love the new stitched die cuts. Many years ago when I first started making cards I use to do cross stitch on them. These new dies take me back to those days. Great colors of floss you used.

JD/ Jill said...

This is lovely! I purchased some spellbinder stitching dies. I started the project but I have not finished it yet. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. (and I used to cross-stitch all the time!)

Louca por porcelana said...

Wow! Unique!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty. I love stitching on cards xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow --- I love that beautiful stitching!!