Monday, July 10, 2023

Great Outdoors

 I am in need of a masculine card and when I saw the Challenge over at Double D Challenge for Outdoors I thought I would go with that theme for my card.  I hadn't used my wood slice in quite some time and I had just purchased this stamp set from Tim Holtz at Joann's a few weeks ago, so I thought it would make a great woodsy feel card.

I started out by using my Distress inks in Walnut stain and Vintage photo to make the background by placing the inks on my mat and then spritzing with water and smooshing my paper in it picking up the inks and drying between each application.


The Mushrooms, labels and top right are all from that stamp set, I cut the mushrooms and the Label out with my die, inking around the edges, added some white gel pen to the mushroom tops after coloring.

  • Smoosh Background using distress inks - Vintage photo and Walnut stain
  • Tim Holtz - THMM112 stamp and stencil set, colored w/markers and white gel pen spots
  • Spellbinders - Lg. Deckled Rectangle dies
  • The Greetery  - Wood Slices die


I am also sharing with NBUS Challenge since I never used this stamp set before.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

R's Rue said...

So beautiful

April said...

What a great masculine card! The mushrooms are so pretty. Great background too.

Birgit said...

This is awesome Connie! I love the background you made. It's just perfect for the wood slice and mushrooms. Are the mushrooms a stamp as well? Colored to perfection!!

Diane said...

Fabulous masculine card, I have that wood slice and have never used it, you have inspired me to do so!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Donna Phelan said...

Awesome Masculine card! Love the toadstools and that nice slice of wood! And your smooshed ink background is just perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, The Great Outdoors Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Esther Asbury said...

What an awesome nature themed card! I love that big wood slice!

Leslie Miller said...

I love everything about this, Connie, from the mushrooms image on the front all the way through to the stained up background. Very earthy and so "great outdoorsy". Your mushrooms are so perfect they look like they might be ephemera from a paper pack. Fantastic job on this! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Double D!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a sweet card, Connie xoxo

Darnell said...

Your smooching is fantastic, Connie, and you remind me that I haven't done that wonderful technique in ages. It sets the stage perfectly for all the manly elements you added and I love the wood slice and pop of color from the mushrooms! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my goodness - this is the cutest! Cards like this area almost magical to me as I can imagine a fairy sitting on one of those toadstools. Love the wood slice too, very cool. ;)

JD/ Jill said...

Great Masculine card!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the mushrooms ... a good looking card.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

I love this wood slice. I have it on my wish list. The mushrooms image is a great image to pair with it and create a wonderful masculine card.

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card. Xo