Thursday, July 13, 2023

Slimline Trellis

 The July Challenge over at Stencil Fun blog is to make a birthday theme card.  I went with a Trellis stencil for my flowers to climb, for my friend's birthday card. I inked around the stencil trying to keep it lighter on the sides. Colored my stamped flowers and then fussy cut to add to the trellis popping them us with foam tape. I added white gel pen to the centers. I stamped the bee twice, once on my background then again on a scrap piece and colored and fussy cut just the body so I didn't have to mess with the legs and wings.


  • Cardmaking magic - Climbing Flowers stamp set, colored w/markers and white gel pen for center of flowers
  • DL Trellis stencil
  • Gems


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love this one Connie! Looks straight out of the garden ;)

Birgit said...

What a pretty trellis and flowers! The background makes a great trellis for your beautifully colored flowers.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is nice, it looks very pretty. I do like the colouring of the flowers.

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

So beautiful! Loving that pretty ink trellis background paired with your pretty posies! Such a happy birthday card! Great colors too!

Lisa said...

This is one beautiful birthday card. Gorgeous flowers and terrific stenciled background. My eyes are drawn to the cute little bee.

Esther Asbury said...

This is so beautiful! I love the soft background and slimline design. That little bee is the perfect finishing touch.

April said...

This is beautiful! I love how you sponged the stencil for the background. The flowers just pop.

Diane said...

Gorgeous slimline card, stenciled background is perfect for the pretty flowers!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Debbie said...

this is so pretty connie....i really like how the flowers follow the shape of the card. and the addition of the bee is perfect, we need them you know!! so many fine details, your cards are always so well thought out!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful! Your stenciled trellis looks amazingly 3D!

Louca por porcelana said...

Cute card dear friend.

Nancy Chan said...

Love your beautiful garden art craft.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty! xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

Very Pretty card!