Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Clean and Simple

 I don't do these clean and simple cards often, I think it is because a lot of white space just doesn't feel right to me, I need things to be filled in, with patterns or something going on, but I thought I would give it a try for my girlfriends card.  I googled what color rose is for friendship and it said yellow, so since I couldn't find paper with the right yellows I wanted I inked up some paper to cut out my rose. Since I did that with the rose I also decided to do that with the stem and leaves so it would blend well with the flower. I had to at least ground it with something so lightly inked through a stencil.


  • Elizabeth Craft Design - Rose die
  • Distress inks to color die cuts : Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey and Mowed Lawn
  • Crafter's Workshop - Mini Believe Script stencil
  • Tim Holtz - Metallic Sticker book

I am sharing my card today with the following challenges:


Update from last post my friend from church made it through surgery and has to stay in the hospital for at least 3 days, if all goes well then she can go home.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

16 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sometimes simple and straight forward is the prettiest way. I just love this! Although, I'm pretty partial to anything roses. ;)

Melanie Hungerford said...

So pretty, the subtle background text is a perfect touch to show off that flower. Thanks so much for joining us at our first Simply Clean & Simple Challenge!

Leslie Miller said...

It looks fabulous, Connie! I love yellow roses and and your CAS design is perfection. The bit of background is just right!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your yellow rose, a beautiful card.

Hope your friend continues to recover well from her surgery and is able to go home soon.

All the best Jan

Chrissy said...

Absolutely beautiful Connie, I love stamped background and simple rose, it says so much, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Beth Stamps said...

Wowza! So beautiful. I love this clean and simple--something I struggle with too. I think it is so lovely that you took the time to find the colour for friendship. Maybe that's why I like yellow roses so much--LOL

Diane said...

You have created a beautiful CAS card, the perfect background!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple.
Diane Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Simply Clean & Simple}
{Triple B}

Birgit said...

You did CAS beautifully with this card, Connie! I struggle in the same way you do with CAS cards. I love the scripty center and simple yellow rose. This card gets an A++!

Open Your Heart to Gardening said...

Such a beautiful car. So much creativity.

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable creation and fabulous design x

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

I'm the same as you -- I can't seem to do CAS because it just feels empty to me. Your card turned out beautifully though. I always admire the less busy cards others do, I just can't seem to do them myself.

Lisa said...

This is CAS perfection! The light background is all this gorgeous die cut rose needs.

Viv said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us over at The Flower Challenge :) Viv xx

JD/ Jill said...

This is so elegant and Lovely! Perfect just the way it is!

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous card. Love.