Sunday, July 2, 2023

Sweet girl

 My friend lost her sweet little furbaby girl recently. I tried to color the dog to have her fur coloring. I think it is just as hard to make a furbaby sympathy card as it is a human one, we get so close to them they are such a huge part of our lives.


  • Stamp from cardmaking magazine, colored with markers
  • PPD - Mini stitched square die
  • Spellbinders - Lacey Squares and A2 matting basics A dies
  • Inky Antics - Simple sentiment stamp
  • BasicGrey - Porcelain paper
  • Impression Obsession - Grass die

We have had some rain finally but it has come with some bad storms, there are a lot of people without power and many trees and fences have not faired so well.  One girl died when a tree fell on her car.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
Be safe this weekend,

Connie 

14 comments:

Birgit said...

Your card is very sweet and so thoughtful Connie. Sorry to hear you're getting such terrible storms. Stay safe.

April said...

Your card is so cute and sweet. I love the pretty frame around the image.

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, Connie, this is my little girl and I'm looking at the card in person this very moment. It has touched my heart. The sweet puppy really does look like my LuLu. Thank you so much for your kindness.

Darlene said...

I was saddened to hear about Leslie's loss of LuLu. You've created the perfect condolence card for her. Such a good friend you are!! This is adorable and I'm sure made Leslie smile.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a lovely card and so thoughtful.

Sorry to read about your bad storms, prayers for all affected.

All the best Jan

Nancy Chan said...

Cute card. Losing a furbaby is sad. Sorry about the bad storm and a life lost due to the storm and damages to properties and electricity power cut off.

aussie aNNie said...

WOW so beautiful, I love your gorgeous designing and pretty colours x

Donna Phelan said...

This is the sweetest pet sympathy card, love how you colored up the pup like her little fur baby. It's never easy when we lose them! That image is adorable and I like your design too, very pleasing to the eye, nice clean lines! Sorry about your storms, be safe! All we have had is rain....the sun comes out to set it seems. Gardens are going to get moldy soon, we need some warmth! Happy 4th!

Hena Tayeb said...

So sad. Sweet of you to make them such a lovely card.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This is so sweet Connie. My fur babies have always been like family to me. I well up when I even think about the day of losing Ruby (and she's 11 years already 😢)
Have a blessed week ahead! xo

Debbie said...

you are so sweet to make these cards, even for the loss of a pet!! we finally got some much needed rain but only a little thunder and it cleared right up. so sad about the storms, so far, we have been ok!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a sweet card. So sorry for your friend's loss xoxo

Lisa said...

This is one super cute image and card. Oh goodness I am sorry to hear about the girl passing from a tree falling on her car. I had a tree fall on one of my cars many years ago. I was very thankful it fell on the car rather than my apartment.

Esther Asbury said...

What a darling image - perfect for your pet sympathy card!