Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Birthday Flower

I actually made a fall card without fall colors, I just love this time of year but I know not everyone probably wants fall themed cards for their birthday :)


I have been seeing so many blogs where they are not coloring flowers all the way but leaving some tips white and using strokes of the marker to color, so I tried my hand at it, not sure what I think of it yet, LOL!


Inky Antics - Furry Friendship, colored w/markers
Lilybee designs - Head over heels  paper
Lawn Fawn - Fancy Scalloped Rectangles die
Ribbon
Sequins

I am sharing the 2nd trail we took at the Garden of the gods in Shawnee National Forest.  As you can see by the first picture this one was nicely laid out, it was quite hilly and a bit uneven but other than that it was clearly marked out, I do like that :)



If you have been following my pictures lately you know how I love the roots and different style in the trees, it always amazes me how things can grow in the rocks.




Such cool textures in the rocks


I believe that they said there was 33,000 acres in this park, you can look forever up here.







I didn't get many good picture of the sunset but how the sunset looked on the surrounding area was just beautiful


I think I mentioned in my last post how tired I was after doing both these hikes, I am not use to constant walking for that long and up that many hills but oh the reward you get, especially at sunset!! So nice to be able to relive the day in the pictures I took when I am not so tired :)

We are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow this evening, we normally don't get any this time of year so this is a big deal around here, all the talk :)

Thanks so much for taking out the time to stop by,

Connie

16 comments:

Darlene said...

Such a sweet card and keep practicing that coloring technique ... I have found I certainly didn't get a good result the first few time I tried this technique! WOW more awesome photos YAY!!! Love going on hikes with you! (and I don't get nearly as tired lol) The fall colors are beautiful and since I have a fear of height, I'm glad I could see the view from your eyes vs my own. I would be having a panic attach if I were that high up ... ugh! (ask me how I know)! Thanks my friend ... have a great day and you can keep that snow ... we here in Akron, OH will surely get it soon enough!

Kim said...

I think you and your neighbours should get together and have a 'let's celebrate the snow' party. =) I love this sweet little card. The tips of the flowers left white give it a lovely dimension...I love it! Fabulous scenery on your hike. Those layers in the rocks are very cool. Why I can see a face in that huge boulder which is the backdrop of the tree. Isn't it funny what one sees in nature....so much scope for the imagination.

Diane said...

Super cute card design Connie and your pictures are beautiful.

Hugs Diane

Gina said...

Connie, what a cute card. I like that you chose a brown polka dot ribbon on your card.

Gorgeous pictures, Connie. The swirls on the rock look so much like wood.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and the photos are just so interesting.xx

Esther Asbury said...

Cute card and I love your white tipped flower!

Bev Polen said...

Connie, your birthday card is gorgeous and the coloring technique you used on the flower turned out wonderfully. The additional photos of your trip are marvelous. I love the one of the gorgeous rock! Hugs!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very cute and coloured to perfection. I do like how you left your flower tips white, Connie.

Great view on your hike.

Louca por porcelana said...

Cute card and lovely pictures!Hugs!

Donna Phelan said...

Oooh love the background papers on this sweet card! The images are darling, great coloring!!!

Debbie said...

a cute card connie, i like how the flower is colored and that it replaces a balloon?? i also like the two background papers, how they go together but don't match / match!! you do such beautiful work, each card is so different and so creative!!

your images are really breathtaking...i am only able to walk short distances and would not be able to hike this. i appreciate how much you appreciate that you can. i enjoyed it through your lens!!!

Stephanie said...

Oh Connie, what a stunning hike you took! The scenery took my breath away...thanks for sharing with us.

And your card is just precious! Love that the flower is like a balloon :) Hugs to you!

April said...

Your card is so cute and I love how the flower is colored! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures too!

Leslie Miller said...

My heart just got happy looking at your darling card, Connie! So utterly sweet and charming, and I love the white flower tips. Then, quite a change moving onto your landscape photos. Breathtaking! You can really see geology at work in those rocks. I love focusing on that sort of thing, too. It's mesmerizing with all the patterns and textures. I would be in awe on that hike. There are no words adequate.

Janice said...

Love your cute card and colouring. Photos as always are amazing!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a cute card - I love it.
I think your photographs are lovely, beautiful scenes.

All the best Jan