Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thinking of you

A lady at church had surgery and then had to go back into surgery a few days later because there were complications from the first surgery, can you imagine.

I used instant card art for this card, (the sentiment tag, flower and faux ribbon) adding my own paper and a piece of burlap.


This one had a sentiment to add to the inside, usually I don't do anything special inside my cards  other than hand write my sentiment, but since this had an option for that I added some paper and the sentiment, of course I had to hand write inside too :)



Hot off the press - Instant card art
Papertrey ink - Hodge podge paper
DCWV - burlap paper


I had a text when I woke up this morning that my sister was already on the road heading here for Thanksgiving, she should make it by early afternoon, I am so excited.  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, there is so much to be thankful for!

Connie

10 comments:

Diane said...

Fun use of burlap and wonderful card design Connie.

Hugs Diane

aussie aNNie said...

Love the burlap and end result is brilliant.x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Great fast card. Have a very happy Thanksgiving with your family.

Bev Polen said...

Connie, your card is lovely to be an instant art card! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Louca por porcelana said...

Lovely card!Happy Thanksgiving,dear Connie!

Leslie Miller said...

This is the way to go for quick cards! I'd probably find a way to make it complicated, though. I'm so bad at quick cards! I know how much your friend appreciated this. Love the coordinating sentiment inside and the lined paper. Our son is coming today for the whole weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Enjoy your sister!

Lowcarb team member said...

A nice looking card.
I hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving with your family.

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

Love the muted neutral colors, lovely compositions!

Debbie said...

A great card!! A text letting you know your company is on its way, those are the best!!

Janice said...

The burlap adds great texture to your card. A super, quick card, really like it.