Friday, November 16, 2018

Let's Party

My little great niece has turned one, I have yet to meet her but feel I know her through Facebook posts :)


I colored the image with markers, added the one for her age, I know it is weird having the banner on the bottom but it just didn't look right across the top, added a few dots to background to look like confetti.

Penny Black - Let's Party stamp, colored w/markers
Memory box - Stitched Rectangle Layers and Happy Birthday Garland die
Taylored Expresssions - Whimsy #s die
Pawsitively Pawsome designs - Mini stitched squares
Echo Park - Fine and dandy paper

We went up to Pere Marquette State Park, north of us, it is on the Mississippi River, last year we barely had any snow and hubby was itching to get some snow pictures. There wasn't much but just enough, little did we know we would be getting 5 inches a couple days later.

We got to the top of the cliffs there (we could drive to it) and as we were walking to the overlook you could just hear the birds, and all of a sudden they took off.



It wasn't long and I heard more chirping, I looked up to see this Robin hanging out.




About now you are probably wondering was I always looking up, LOL!



Looking over the Mississippi River




Here is what I woke up to yesterday morning.


Quite a bit has melted already, we have full sunshine today. They say by Thanksgiving the temps will be in the 50's :)

Thanks for stopping by today and saying Hi, so nice to hear from you,

Connie

17 comments:

Diane said...

Super fun card Connie just perfect for a toddler. Love all the pictures you post, I would love to be able to travel around more.

Hugs Diane

Leslie Miller said...

I think the sentiment looks perfect along the bottom underlining those darling critters. I love how they're marching along, one with the flowers, one with the card, and the last little guy with the cake. Too cute! Wonderful photos today, too. There's as much beauty above us as down at our level. That snow! The weather can be quite changeable this time of year. Just hoping everyone has safe travels for Thanksgiving.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a cute card. The sentiment is place quite nicely. The photo of the sun through the trees is beautiful

Louca por porcelana said...

Your card is just adorable!Great pics!WOW to the snow!Xoxo

Gina said...

Snow! I hope it melts with warmer weather though.

That card is adorable. I had to look twice though (my eyes!) because I thought the little mouse was holding a lit bomb! Yikes! Happy to see he wasn't. xo

Esther Asbury said...

Such an adorable birthday card....I like the banner across the bottom.

aussie aNNie said...

Yikes snow. wow how I'd love to wake up to that instead of heat and humidity...wanna swap?
Love your sweet and fun card.x

Janice said...

Love your banner card, such a cute image too.
Fabulous photos, but not good to the snow one already :-(

Donna Phelan said...

One is soooo exciting! I am in love with your sweet little parade of adorable critters! Perfectly cute!

Darlene said...

Awe ... what a sweet little card for such a wee one! I think the banner looks fine at the bottom ... clever design actually! LOVE your photos ... always nice to take a hike with you! Well done my friend! WOW you got a fair amount of the white stuff ... my daughter & granddaughter did in their location too but we here in Akron, OH just got ice and a dusting of snow. But the sun is out and as you said, has pretty much melted away. BUT it will be back again before we know it ... I'm happy to wait! LOL Have a great weekend!

Connie said...

Wow! No snow here yet . . . I'm in no hurry, LOL.
Your photos are beautiful and that card is adorable.
Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving :)
Connie :)

Debbie said...

what a cute card, i hope you get to meet your great niece soon!!

your pictures are so beautiful, looking up, always the best!!

Lowcarb team member said...

How lovely this card is, I do hope you may get to meet your great niece soon.

I think your photographs are lovely, even the last one with the snow!

All the best Jan

Kim said...

It looks cold over there. Such a sweet card with sweet animals to wish your grand niece a happy 1st birthday. Gorgeous photos; love the sun setting over the Mississippi.

Donna Ellis said...

Such a darling card, Connie, and so sweetly colored! Gorgeous Nature photos capturing the remnants of Autumn's beautiful colors, lapsing into the beginnings of a dormant winter. Lovely! Brrrrr, cold! I cannot imagine snow at this point. Your cold front did push down into our area, and we got down to 39 one night and in the 40s two other nights, but now we will warm up to normal Florida temps. Hubby brought home a bug - have not had a cold in probably 30 years, but this time, it's making up for lost time, and I'm pretty much down for the count. It exacerbates my other symptoms, too, so I may be MIA for a while. Keep sharing your fantastic photos! love, de

Bev Polen said...

Awe, what a gorgeous card with the adorable image! It's a great card for your 1-yr old niece. Love it. Thanks so much for sharing the photos. The area is so beautiful. I love the one where the sun is setting over the water. The photo of the robin is great as it brings back memories to me. I so miss seeing robins since I moved to Florida. And I also miss the snow. I would love to see it snowing outside! But I used to fight with the snow getting to and from work, so I understand people not liking it. Hugs, sweet lady!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Love the card sooooo cute Connie and wonderful photos of God's creation too.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x