Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Shimmer Powder

I have many colors of color burst but when I saw these shimmer powders at my Local stamp store and the girl working mentioned how beautiful they are and the colors that others are really liking, I just had to buy them, and I am not disappointed at all, I just love these two colors and the shimmer makes it extra special.


I cut a piece of watercolor paper a little bigger than my die on all sides, then having the diecut next to me I figure out where the flowers would be and the leaves and tried to shake the powder onto the areas of my paper that there was a concentration of flowers and leaves and I didn't do too bad. The little scalloped die comes with the background panel die so you can add your sentiment to it.

Here is a close up picture so you can get an idea of the kind of shimmer these colors have in them.


Spellbinders - Floral panel card die and Special Birthday sentiments stamp
Watercolor paper
Nuvo Shimmer powders - Green Parade and Violet Brocode

It is softly snowing as I sit and right this post, so pretty, but oh so COLD the temperature is 23 F. Our normal for this time is 50. Guess it is a day to take down all my Autumn decorations and clean so I can get my Christmas decorations out.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You're always trying something new! It's nice that you have a stamp store nearby so you can browse and see in person. I sure miss ours. This looks beautiful with the colors and shimmer, and you did a good job with where you concentrated the colors. Gorgeous die, too!

Diane said...

Gorgeous colors and wow what a pretty design Connie.

Hugs diane

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Ohhh the shimmer is so lovely. Beautiful work. Stay warm.

Darlene said...

Beautiful (thanks enabler! lol)

Louca por porcelana said...

An awesome card!Hugs!

aussie aNNie said...

oooh love this gorgeous card and those colours are fabulous creative and unique. hugs.x

Bev Polen said...

What an awesome card, Connie! I love the colors you used to create the gorgeous die cut! Hugs!

Janice said...

Beautiful shimmering colours, love the panel, so elegant.

Debbie said...

it's so shimmery connie, a nice technique with a beautiful end result!!

i am so jealous of your snow! it is sunny here but cold and windy. really windy, if it continues like this, we will not have any leaves to rake!!

i have all of fall put away, but honestly, i didn't put much out. christmas is 1/2 done inside and all done outside. i'm so glad we did the outside on sunday, i was actually too hot with just a sweatshirt!!!

Debbie said...

oooooh and i love that shade of purple!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

You can also spray shimmer mist over your colour bursts too, Connie did it to my brushos on a card at the weekend... if you want some more colours, but very pretty.
Brilliant card really love it.
Sending prayer hugs with sunshine too from Oz.
Shaz in Oz.x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I have been wondering what the difference is with these powders. The card is really great, wonderful to die cut it.

Donna Phelan said...

Oooh they really are gorgeous! I love these colors! I don't own any of them, but I know others loooooove them!