Saturday, November 3, 2018

Sent with a prayer

My girlfriend lost her mother a few days ago, I was heading over to her house and wanted to take a card with me so I reached for a Sticker image so that I could get the card done quickly. The tag is also a sticker, I stamped a sentiment onto it.  To make the doily look a little more antique I added a little bit of distress ink.


Penny Black - sticker
K&co. tag sticker
Webster pages - Petite papers
Provocraft scisosors to cut frame around sticker
Our Daily Bread design - Mini tag sentiment stamp
Doily w/distress ink
Sequins

Here are the last of the pictures from our trip, we came home through Wisconsin and the Northern half was just as pretty as Michigan.




We took all back roads on our trip, very little highway driving, so we went through a lot of small towns, when we hit this one the sun came out and you could actually see some blue skies!


But mostly there were a lot of farms :)





Hope you are enjoying a nice creative weekend,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi :)

Connie

12 comments:

Gina said...

Connie, what a beautiful card and sentiment. What a sweet friend you are! Love all the MI pictures. That little church is so cute!

Darlene said...

So sorry to hear of your friends loss! How sweet of you to make her a quick card ... I'm sure she will cherish it!! LOVE the countryside photos ... especially that church photo ... gorgeous with the blue sky and the Fall color in the background! I've said it before and I'll say it again ... LOVE seeing your photos and mentally traveling along on your adventures! THANKS

Debbie said...

connie, the card is awesome!! a perfect representation for an "older" mom who probably loves doilies. i'm sure your friend appreciated all the special touches, it looks like it took hours!!

i enjoyed seeing the rest of your vacation pictures, you know me and pictures, taking the back roads always pays off when it comes to seeing the best an area has to offer!! looks like they had a lot of nice autumn color!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful and heartfelt card...Gorgeous pictures.Hugs,dear Connie!

Donna Ellis said...

There is nothing so pretty as a PB Sticker, Connie, and you've used it beautifully. Your friend will be grateful for the gesture. It's so hard losing our moms. thank you for sharing more of those infatuating autumnal photographs, Connie! They are gorgeous! hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

That's a sticker? Gosh, you have some pretty ones, but then I read that it's Penny Black and I know they have the BEST stickers. It looks beautiful with the antiqued doily. I'm happy to see more photos, too. All the gold on those trees is so striking. Love the one with the barn. I can see how the sun came out in that spot just for you. We always take the back roads, too.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the photo of the church, especially, of the ones you shared today.

Bev Polen said...

Connie, you are so sweet to develop this beautiful card for your friend. How sad to lose your mom! The last of your MI pictures are awesome. I love the ones with the church and cows! Wonderful farmland! Thanks for sharing your photos, Connie!

Donna Phelan said...

Quick. Pretty. Easy. Full of love! Sorry for her loss. Fantastic pictures too!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. This is such a lovely card and will be appreciated very much.

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a very nice card, and I was sorry to read about your friends loss.

Your pictures are lovely to see, I do like the one showing the little church.

My good wishes for this month of November, I find the days, weeks and months go by so quickly.

Take care.

All the best Jan

Janice said...

A beautiful quick sympathy card which I’m sure your friend will treasure. Fabulous photos again, you really share your wonderful country so well through the camera.