Thursday, November 8, 2018

Shadow stamping

The next challenge is the one that I had us do. When I saw this Video at Papertrey ink I thought that was so pretty, now I usually try to use pattern paper in my cards since I have so much of it, but every now and then it is nice to do our own backgrounds too :)

I like the look of tone on tone backgrounds, so I used green ink on green card stock, this card stock has a little bit of texture to it so I was happy to have my Misti stamping tool so that I could line them up and stamp a few times to get a nice solid stamp.


This set of butterfly stamps were in a cardmaking magazine I believe, I can't remember if I found it at the yard sale at my stamp store or in a magazine, but I love all the different sizes that were in this set, think it worked great for this background.


Butterfly stamps - cardmaking magazine
Hot off the press - Floral Greetings stamp set for sentiment and flower, colored w/markers
Spellbinders - Mosaic Vine die
Me & my big ideas - gems

We had out last day of temperatures in the 50's yesterday, we are heading in the 40's for the next 7 days with lows below freezing, oh my.  He did say that even though we are below normal now we may be above normal for Thanksgiving which will be nice :)

Hope all is good where you are, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi,

Connie

16 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

No kidding those butterflies make a pretty background! Love the bright green, and the sentiment and flower really pop on it. Wow!

Darlene said...

WOW this is BEAUTIFUL Connie! Your flower really POPS against your tone on tone background ... FANTASTIC! Love it!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card turned out so well! I mean to try this one again.

Love Affair with Food said...

Wow, beautiful! This turned out so well.

Bev Polen said...

Connie, what a great technique! Need to try it! Your background looks great with the butterflies and the flower is gorgeous!

aussie aNNie said...

Nice green and love it, love how the rose pops off the page too.xx

Diane said...

Fabulous background Connie and love the birthday design.

Hugs Diane

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your green is so pretty. Love how your flower really pops. Nice job with the shadow stamping.

Donna Phelan said...

I love the green on green pretty butterflies. That rose is magnificent as are the leaves, love them!

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful background, Connie, and I do love the pop of color from your rose along with the leaves! Stunning card (and thanks for the link to the video that I watched). Hugs and love...and keep warm! xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

Wow!Great card!Love it!

Debbie said...

hi connie...this is a really pretty card!! i too like the tone on tone, and who doesn't love butterflies!! i also adore the inked edges, it's such a simple element but it has such a great effect!!

Linda Walker said...

I like the tone on tone as well, especially in that green and I really like that butterfly stamp too! Reminds me I should pull out my stamps and actually use them!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

I always like seeing butterflies on a birthday card …

All the best Jan

Kim said...

The tones of green on green is lovely on this card. Love the pretty butterflies and that gorgeous rose really pops. It sounds as if it is getting a wee bit chilly up there.

Janice said...

Just catching up after a weekend in Germany.
Your butterfly card is lovely, the rose is perfect against the greens.