Tuesday, November 6, 2018

White pencil coloring

The next challenge in the group was to try an embossing technique we hadn't done before and she had a list to chose from, I went with this one to color an embossed image with white pencil on dark cardstock. First you stamp your images with white ink, color the image in with white pencil and then emboss with gold embossing powder when done, let's just say that lining the stamps back up afterwards didn't come out perfect. It would be so much easier to use one background stamp or many different stamps that you apply to a stamp positioner that you can restamp with your versamark ink when done coloring then everything would be lined up correctly, but you know I just had to do it the hard way.... I hope that doesn't all sound too confusing, anyway on to my results.


I also added an embossed sentiment and I had some left over paper that I had applied mega flakes to so I punched out a butterfly to add to it.


It was so hard to get a good picture, the dark brown cardstock had a shine to it no matter how I would take the picture. I am not thrilled with my coloring, I was trying to get the look of texture in the petals didn't want it to be solid white, I am sure you ladies that really know how to color could do a much better job and make a beautiful card with this technique :)

Hampton Art - SCO 747 stamp set
Hero Arts - It's your day sentiment stamp
Martha Stewart - Butterfly punch
Sequins

Today is not only Election day and need to get out to vote but it is also a day it is not raining and is going to be in the 50's so we are going to get out in the yard and get all the last minute stuff done before the 40's come in a couple days, that is the high's for the 10 day forecast, brrrr.

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!

Connie

16 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the white pencil with the gold embossing - what a cool technique!

Donna Ellis said...

It's a lovely technique, Connie. One that I have long forgotten about. Thanks for the inspiration on your pretty card. I especially like the golden highlights with your pretty dreamy brown! hugs, de

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh My! what a great effect Connie!! Very pretty with the butterfly and sequin accents~
Great technique and looks like fun! TFS. Hugs, karen o

Debbie said...

so much work connie, with such a lovely result!! this is a beautiful technique, i'm glad you explained it in such detail!! the end result is gorgeous!!

Leslie Miller said...

I used to do pencils on ink with solid stamps -- stamp in white on dark card stock, then color with pencils. It was pretty! Never tried this with an open line image and lining up to emboss after. The effect is beautiful! Love the gold on brown. I would have a hard time lining up, too, but with it being ever so slightly off it looks like that's part of the effect. Gorgeous finished off with the megaflakes butterfly and gold sequins!

Connie said...

So elegant . . . I know that your friends and family have little collections of your cards saved . . . they are all so unique and lovely :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Hi Connie, don't be so hard on yourself. This card looks beautiful. I love the gold with the white.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your card :)

Hope you manage to get your yard work done ok … we have so many falling leaves!

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Connie, lovely card and unusual but pretty colour theme...great stamping too.xx

Gina said...

Very pretty, Connie. The white coloring almost looks like chalk!

Stephanie said...

Good morning, my lovely friend! You have created another stunning card that is sure to bless someone's heart. I love the dark background and the flowers are quite stunning.

Have a most beautiful day! Hugs to you!

Bev Polen said...

Connie, you made a beautiful card using a white pencil! I love the embossing on black paper. Great card!

Janice said...

This is a stunning card, love your coloured flowers. You have the most fabulous craft group with the most amazing challenges!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh your flowers are gorgeous, love the way you designed this card, it's such a pretty layout! I have pencils, why don't I use pencils??? lol

Louca por porcelana said...

Stunning card!Hugs,sweet friend!

Mia said...

Great technique, Connie. Thank you for the inspiration. Your card is really FABULOUS. Hugs, my friend.