Thursday, August 19, 2021

Christmas past

 In my stamp group our challenge this month was to use Black, White and Red on our cards and another option of using stencils.

I thought of this paper pack right away and then realized that it doesn't have white in it but Cream, but I went with it anyway.



On the card above I have used background paper from My mind's eye - O Christmas tree paper



  • Simple stories - 25 days of Christmas paper and tags
  • Offray ribbons
  • Martha Stewart snowflake punch
Here is my card using a stencil


Hubby says this is way too busy, while making it I didn't think so but now I see it.  I added pearls to most of the snowflake centers. Die cut the sentiment 3 times.

  • Echo Park - O perfect Christmas stencil - using Brilliance, moonlight white ink
  • Tim Holtz - Christmas Ribbon dies
  • Pearls



Hold on I have a couple more cards that I made from a tree we folded in our last zoom meeting that I forgot to share with the others.  I think they need a sentiment but still haven't gotten around to adding one yet.


One 4 inch circle makes 2 trees, I cut two circles so I had 4 trees so I made another with just one.


Here is a picture to show the dimension, I added a little foam tape under each fold so that it would stand out nicely.



I also die cut some small stars from glitter paper.

Sorry this was a long post. But I did manage to get my cards for the month of August done, so that feels good!

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

11 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Great cards! Best wishes.

aussie aNNie said...

wow love those trees, must try this ....the card you saw on my blog is easy to make. xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice work on all of your cards/projects. Your first challenge card is so very, very beautiful starting with your background paper with the addition of the music notes. I'm liking the crooked placement of your statement pieces, like the ones below your main card. Your trees are adorable. Nice designer paper used.

Leslie Miller said...

Zooming right along on your Christmas cards -- yay you! I'm glad you shared all because I need the nudge. I really like the red/black/white combo, and the trees are super cute and very interesting!

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

Debbie said...

not too long, never too long, i am so happy to see you getting so many christmas cards done!! i like them all, but the trees were my favorite!!

Donna Phelan said...

OMGoodness! You'll be done with Christmas cards before Labor Day! These are fabulous! Love the papers and that folded tree--may have to 'borrow' that idea. They are all so lovely! (I'm gonna be kicking myself, I won't have these done even by Thanksgiving lol)

Birgit said...

Wow Connie, every card is gorgeous! Simple Stories makes great dp and you've showcased them beautifully in this post. You've got a great start on your Christmas cards this year.

Lisa said...

I have this fun folded tree on my list of items I want to try. Love the paper you used.

Lowcarb team member said...

You are getting on so well with your Christmas cards.
I actually saw some for sale this week!

All the best Jan

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are all so pretty, Connie xoxo