Saturday, August 21, 2021

Praying for you

 A girl from our church has all of a sudden started having seizures and the doctors don't know why, she has had to quit work and can't drive, so a lot of changes in her life right now.  Her hubby had to go out of town for work so a group of us ladies took turns taking meals to her house that week so she wouldn't have to cook and you know I had to make her a card to remind her that she is being prayed for daily.


  • The Greetery - Market Basket and Crimped Frame dies
  • Tim Holtz - Wildflower stems #1 dies, colored w/Spectrum Noir Sparkle markers
  • PPD - Burlap swatch die
  • Our Daily Bread designs - Mini tag sentiment
  • Dictionary page
I decided to color the flowers with Sparkle markers to add a bit of shine and  torn dictionary page to a scrap of patterned paper I had left for the background.


I hope you have a great weekend,

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say hi,

Connie

13 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

That Market Basket die really is the coolest thing! Love the Burlap Swatch die and the Crimped Frame as well. You are all angels of mercy, watching out for her like that. Odd about her seizures, but it happened to me and several other women in our town all within days of each other. I know of five women close to me, but there may have been others. It was in 1990. The strangest thing.

Lisa said...

Terrific coloring on that die cut and I love the texture and layers you added too.

Louca por porcelana said...

Sweet card.God bless your friend.

Donna Ellis said...

How nice to have a circle of friends to watch out for each other, Connie. I hope your friend is soon improved. Your card is delightful and so pretty with those layers. xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I do hope the girl from your Church improves.
That is a very nice card.

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Your friend is indeed being looked after by you and the other ladies from your church. How wonderful you all are in caring for this lady. Hopefully the doctor will be able to work out what is wrong and help her to recover. A very worrying time for her. Your lovely card will put a smile in her heart. Nothing like a card with flowers and a lovely sentiment from a concerned friend, to put a smile in one's day.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely kind card for your friend from church I hope this cheers her up and a diagnosis is soon found.. xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

How sad, Connie. It's nice to hear there is a great group rallying around her. God bless you.

You made the sweetest card. I'm a fan of dictionary pages added to cards and projects. I thought your die was an actual dry pressed flower. What a beautiful job with it. I also love your burlap swatch die. Again, the die fooled me into thinking you used real burlap. A very beautiful card.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh wow, hope she finds some relief and can manage what she is going through. Love this card. Love that basket die. I have only used it on one card so far, mine held lobsters and clams LOL This is lovely!

Debbie said...

that is the kindest thing you could have done. the card is so pretty....i too am sending warm, healing thoughts her way!!

i hope she gets some answers about her seizures, it is life changing!! happy sunday!!

R's Rue said...

Praying for her. Thank you for sharing.

Birgit said...

What a blessing you all are to your dear friend. I do hope she gets some answers and help for her seizures soon. Your card is delightful and I'm sure she appreciates all the love and prayers that are being poured out on her.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card. I pray she gets some answers xoxo