Monday, August 9, 2021

Mixed Media

 Challenge in my Cardmaking group was to use Mixed Media on our card.  It just so happens to also be the challenge over at Mix it up Challenge Blog .

I love the look of using different mediums on a card but haven't tried it very much but I was pretty happy with the results on this card.  This was my first time using Crackle texture paste, I bought it awhile ago but it took the challenge for me to finally get it out and use it.  I did a bit of inking too as well as gold foiling along the edges in places and then just splashes of it throughout the card.  The top that is gold came out looking a bit black in my picture and it was that way in all the pictures, not sure why that happened.


I first cut out a couple dies to use for my stencils in the corner to add the paste through. Then after it had all dried I added a bit of walnut ink to distress and bring out the crackles more. Did a bit of stamping in a couple places, added some glue in a couple places when tacky I added my gold foiling. The butterfly was cut from patterned paper and his body colored with marker.

  • 49 and market - 6x8 Vintage Artistry Essentials collection paper
  • Distress texture paste - Crackle
  • Tim Holtz - Mixed Media #5 to make a stencil for corners to add paste through
  • Distress ink - Walnut stain
  • Glitznow - Distressing stamp
  • Gold foiling
  • Tim Holtz - Metallic sticker book for sentiment
  • Memory Box - Leavenworth Butterfly trio die


Hope your week is off to a good start, we are in for a Hot week, we have heat advisory until Thursday evening, feels like temps back in the 100's.  I guess no excuse not to get things done inside the house :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,

Connie

14 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, that crackle paste is really something! You nailed it with the crackle and the gold. This is very vintage and absolutely amazing, Connie!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful! I love all the texture xoxo

April said...

Your card is lovely! The crackle paste looks great. Stay cool!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Lowcarb team member said...

I hope your temperature doesn't get too hot.
We've had a lot of rain recently.

Your card is very nice, lovely textures.

All the best Jan

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Connie! Congrats on 'giving it a go' ... I need to take more time to be 'adventurous' lol ... thanks for the push! It's hot here in Ohio today too ... 92 and to be hot/humid all week but hopefully we'll get some rain thrown in there too as we desperately need it. Hugs and Happiness to you!!

aussie aNNie said...

A stunning plus brilliant design, just loving those gorgeous colours you used too...beautiful...xx

Kim said...

You should try different media on a card more often, Connie. LOVE those crackled roses...crackled corners. There is so much lovely visual delight in this card.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow --- this is awesome! I love the white/gold color scheme, and those crackled roses are amazing! Beautiful!!

Donna Phelan said...

Fabulous! Love all of that gold accent! It's so fun to go crazy and mix things up a bit. I think this came out beautifully and it looks so elegant!

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Connie! I love the texture this has and that sweet delicate butterfly die. Beautifully done my friend!

Debbie said...

so many pretty details connie!! the gold with the black and you know i love the butterfly!! it's nice that you share all of the details for making these gorgeous cards!!

hot, hot, hot here, until the weekend!!

Lisa said...

I love the look of crackle texture paste. I used it once then when I went to use it again it was dried out. Bummer. So I will need to get more when I want to play with it again and then put it in a sealed bag to see if that keeps it from drying out. Your card is spectacular. Great mixed media card.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Elegant card. Great textures with the stencil work. Thanks for joining us at MIUCB
Tina TD