Saturday, August 14, 2021

Mason Jars

 Over at Double D's challenges they had a challenge to use mason jars on your card.

I went with a stamp set that I have had for quite some time.  I stamped both mason jars with blue ink thinking that it would look more like glass that way, and decided to heat emboss the ink with clear embossing powder thinking that may even look more glass like, I did all this on heat sensitive acetate.


Here is the inspiration board we were given and I liked the red flowers on the bottom left, instead of having mine on the outside I put mine on the inside. I also like the cloth on the top left so since this set had a stamped cloth cover I added that to the smaller mason jar. The sentiment, banner and the flowers all came in the set too.


  • Recollections - Mason Jars stamp set, stamped on acetate
  • Raspberry Road designs - Love lives here paper
  • Tim Holtz - crochet die
  • Brad has been colored with marker


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!

Connie

12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and the mason jars designing looks great. x

Lisa said...

Nicely done stamping the mason jars in blue on the acetate. Wonderful flowers you added to the jar as well.

Kim said...

I like the flowers inside the mason jar, too. Another lovely card, Connie.

Darlene said...

This is so awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Mason Jar’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

April said...

I love your pretty card! The jars look so real and I love the pretty flowers too.

Esther Asbury said...

Love those jars and the bright red flowers! That strip of paper lace across the bottom adds a lot!

Birgit said...

Your mason jars are perfectly made Connie, this card is adorable! I like the little banner in the top corner, such a sweet touch not to go unnoticed. The fabric over the top of the jar is a cute addition too!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Debbie said...

there are so many things i like about this card. i LOVE mason jars and these look great. the little hat and the doily like edge, so pretty - it all goes together so well!!

Leslie Miller said...

You're so right about how the blue and embossing makes it look so much more authentic! I love how you went with the inspiration board. Pretty paper in the background, too.

Donna Phelan said...

Love your mason jars! Tags, Jars, Birds....these are some of the accents that I truly adore on cards! I love your jars of different sizes and how you put your pretty posies inside too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Mason Jar Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Louca por porcelana said...

Lovely card!