Sunday, August 22, 2021

Friend Sympathy

 I have known this friend for over 30 years, we had our daughters just months apart.  It was her great friendship that got me through when our husbands deployed together for Desert Storm.

She has just lost her mother and is taking it quite hard, you just wish you could be there but the next best thing is sending them a card. I thought this flower die cut was so pretty for this time.


  • 49 and Market - Vintage Artistry Essential Chipboard flower and 6x8 Vintage Artistry Essential paper
  • Stampendous - Sincere Sentiments stamp
  • Nuvo Crystal glaze on flower
You can see below in the close up the crystal glaze on the flower to look like dew drops.


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

11 comments:

Debbie said...

this is really gorgeous connie, your friend will feel your outpouring of love from this card!! everything goes together beautifully and the dew drops are the perfect added touch!!

30 years is such a long time to be blessed with a special friend, you are so lucky!!

aussie aNNie said...

How wonderful to have a long time friend like that, and a beautiful sympathy card. xx

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Connie! My hubby served in Desert Storm too. Your thoughtfulness is so touching, my friend.

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, this is exceptionally beautiful. I know your friend will feel your heart when she receives it. I have a friend like that. We are more like sisters. Happy to live in the same town and able to visit. I know you feel your friend's pain.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A beautiful sympathy card. The water drops are a nice touch.

You have a strong friendship and I'm sure you're hurting too. Take care my friend.

R's Rue said...

What a beautiful card. Have a blessed day.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

So wonderful that you have been friends for such long time. I am sorry for her loss. The card is beautiful and very thoughtful. It will certainly bring her comfort.

-Soma

Donna Phelan said...

So sorry. That flower really is beautiful. Love the subtle background too.

April said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend's mother. This is such a pretty card that I know she will appreciate.

Darlene said...

SO MUCH LOSS in the world today! SO SO SAD!!
This card is gorgeous and I'm sure it brought great comfort to your friend! Well done!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card for the toughest of times xoxo