Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Outside my window

 Today my card will be shared with Poppystamps Challenge Blog where the challenge this month is Anything goes.  So I went to all my dies from them and found that I have not used this window die in quite some time, so now is the perfect time to get it out and use it.

I started by inking my brick embossing folder with some ink, then I ran it through my die machine to get the impression of ink onto the background of the brick.  I cut the window out twice and layered them for a little more depth, glued a patterned paper behind to look like wallpaper, and added a little border die for the valance.  This window die set comes with the shutters and the window box as well as the cute flowers. Those were inked.  I felt it needed a little more so I added a fence with a grass punched border behind it and a little cardinal sitting on it. Hung a little sign for my sentiment and attached with some jute twine.


  • Poppystamps - Small Madison window die set, Picket fence and Cardinal dies
  • Gemini - beautiful borders die (valance)
  • Tim Holtz - bricked embossing folder inking the folder before embossing
  • Fiskars - Grass punch
  • ODBD - Mini tag sentiments stamp
  • Jute


Another scorcher for today, but I hear we will get some relief this weekend, can't wait.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi :)

Connie

16 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful window scene. I love the embossed background, the little curtain peeking out, and the fence.

Kim said...

How fabulous is your card, Connie. Love the bricks; such lovely texture. The flower box sprouting flowers, the lace valance......the sweet little cardinal; everything is lovely. Your pretty card brings spring to mind.

aussie aNNie said...

Your window scene is so elegant and beautiful x

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's so pretty, Connie! xoxo

Debbie said...

ooooh i love this one connie!! the sweet little picket fence = the american dream!! you are so talented and this card is especially beautiful!!

a scorcher here too!! i want to go for a ride in the car but i think we are going to stay put!!

R's Rue said...

So cute. I love it so much. Have a beautiful day.

Leslie Miller said...

I love this! The valance and the fence are perfect additions to the scene, and the birthday sign hanging on the fence is the icing on the cake!

Darlene said...

This looks awesome Connie! Love how you did the brick wall and a peek inside to see the valance & wallpaper is precious! GREAT JOB! I have these dies too and rarely remember to use them ... thanks for the push!! Fabulously wholesome scene you have created ... love it!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is another outstanding card. I am so in love with the way you made your brick wall. I'd like to have the folder now. The curtains and shutters, and everything else makes this card delightful.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

This is just so pretty! Really love it!! Thanks so much for your visits!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I do love how you created the brick background and the wallpaper and every little detail you added. A very pretty window scene, Connie!

-Soma

Donna Phelan said...

What a beautiful card! I adore that brick background and the design of your scene. Everyone should have a little white picket fence. This is fantastic!

Lisa said...

Super cute window scene. Love all the dies and your coloring on the little pieces is perfect. Great attention to the small details.

Sue McRae said...

What a charming scene! Love the texture from the brick wall! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps this month!

Pam Sparks said...

I love this! Right out of a picture book from the Netherlands! hehe Darling card!

Jeanne J. said...

Fabulous card with so many details! I love the lacy curtains, brick wall, and even a sweet bird on the fence! Absolutely magic!