Friday, August 13, 2021

New Friend

 I met a new friend through Splitcoaststampers. It is an on line group for people who love papercrafts.

We had been writing back and forth and I found out she was going to be turning 80 in a month or so and so I asked her if she wanted to share her address with me because I would love to send her a card. You have to get a card on your 80th birthday, right!!!

I had just recently bought this Graphic 45 pad so you know I had to use it for her card!


I have had these frames and corner embellishment stickers for awhile and thought they would be a pretty frame for the bird and the corner of the card.  I made a tag to add her birthday number and used a tag from the paper pad, the stamp and the eggs were also in the paper pack which I fussy cut and added to a tag that I had in my stash.

  • Graphic 45 - Bird Watcher paper pack
  • Flower in time - Glitter lace frames and corner stickers
  • Paul Deen - tag pad
  • Brad


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love the birdwatcher paper pad, and this is such a beautiful card for your new friend!

Darlene said...

This is just awesome Connie and your new friend will LOVE IT!! I've been on SCS for years but haven't shared anything onto my board there in 3-4 years ... just not enough hours in my day to do everything and be everywhere I want to be. You have a very kind heart ...

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful, beautiful 80th birthday card. I like the blue and yellow together, and the decorative paper is precious. The bird looks great in the frame, and the fussy cut eggs finishes it off.

aussie aNNie said...

Wow what a fabulous card and so creative.. loving those colours and whole design. Have a lovely safe weekend. xx

Donna Phelan said...

Graphics 45 has amazing paper, you have used it perfectly here! I try to stay away from them as I probably have enough paper for 4 life times....shhh don't tell my Hubby lol The crafting world has brought me so many friends, you included! This is a sweet card for your nearly 80 year old sweet friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, that bird is so beautiful! Amazing that it's part of the paper. You framed it beautifully and made a super pretty card design around it. I'd say it's perfect for your new friend!

Louca por porcelana said...

How beautiful!Hugs.

Lisa said...

Wonderful card for a fellow SCS friend turning 80. I am sure she loved the cute card you made for her.

Kim said...

You most certainly do need to have a beautiful card for your 80th birthday! This card for your new friend is so pretty. Love all the blue hues. Sweet little bird, too.

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Connie! I love all the ephemera pieces you added and that filigree frame is perfect for your feathered friend. Love this so much!

Birgit said...

I meant to say that you're super thoughtful and your new friend will be overjoyed by your kind remembrance of her special day.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Debbie said...

gorgeous card for anyone turning 80!! i love the bird and the 3 cents postage. postage was probably 3 cents when she was born!! you are so kind and thoughtful, this 80 year old is going to love this card!!