Monday, August 16, 2021

Old School

 Over at the Make the Cards Challenge blog they have a challenge to use some of those old goodies to make a card.  My oldies are the eyelets, jute, brad, and layering of my papers. There is faux stitched marks on the curved die cut.


  • Spellbinders - Carnation Creation, Foliage Flourish and A2 Curved borders one
  • Raspberry Road Designs - Love Lives here paper
  • Close to my heart - eyelets
  • Twine
  • Martha Stewart - Tag punch and Sanserif font stamp for "80"
  • Basic Grey - Brad


Debbie asked in the comments if it was for the same lady I made the other card for and it is not, this one was for a lady I met when I first joined a cardmaking group when I started making cards!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,
Hope your week is off to a great start!

Connie

12 comments:

R's Rue said...

Always so lovely. It’s beautiful. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie said...

this is so pretty connie. i really like how you used the eyelets and the uniqueness of the swerve!! pretty flower, pretty colors. another card for the 80 year old??

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute! I love how you wove the twine through the eyelets, and the papers are a pretty combo. Thank goodness patterned paper is still big business because I never get tired of it!

April said...

I love your idea for this card! It is always fun to use our old stuff too. Your card is so pretty!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, rather cleverly designed too with the stitched eyeletes....xx . xx

Esther Asbury said...

I love the way you "stitched" your layers together on the one side! Such a fun element for your beautiful card!

Donna Phelan said...

Great split panel design, love that curvy die! Oooh and that pretty posie with that pretty brad center! I bet half of my craft room items (or more) are old lol

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Connie xoxo

Allisa said...

Such a fun card! Love seeing your old school Close To My Heart eyelets! Thanks for playing with us at Make the Cards Challenge!

Louca por porcelana said...

Cute card!

Darlene said...

WOW what a beautiful card and fabulous design! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Lisa said...

Oh how I love this fun card and that flower is fabulous.