Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Coneflower

 I recently saw a coneflower die and wondered if I had anything that I could use to make one myself.  I found my old Tattered Floral dies and colored them and cut them part and layered them and I like how it turned out.  I used green cardstock for the leaves and just added a bit of ink to them. I cut my own stems. The patterned paper for the background has gold touches to it and the butterfly is some ephemera.


  • Tim Holtz - Tattered Florals die, colored w/markers
  • Spellbinders - Bitty Blossoms die (for leaves)
  • Memento - Pattern Cardstock
  • Tim Holtz - Botanical Layers (TH93554) (Butterflies)
  • My Favorite Things - Happy Greetings die
  • Impression Obsession - Sentiments II stamp
  • Nuvo - Golden Sunset Glitter drops


I would like to share my card today with Simon Says Stamps Challenge anything goes.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

You've made a lovely flower card there!

Tanza Erlambang said...

butterfly look so sweets... great design.

# Have a wonderful day

Esther Asbury said...

I have that same die, and I love how you used it to make these gorgeous flowers!!

Debbie said...

i love that you fashioned this card after a fading flower. it's so pretty and the butterfly is the perfect touch...coneflowers attract butterflies!!

R's Rue said...

Great job. I like it.

Diana Taylor said...

That's a lovely idea and very effective - it's so nice to adapt stash rather than buy new. The card is so pretty and the butterfly just adds the perfect touch.
Have a great week,
Diana x

Darlene said...

WOW! Good for you for being so creative! They look AWE$SOME! Beautifully done my friend!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty, Connie xoxo

April said...

Oh wow! These turned out great! Such a pretty card.

Lowcarb team member said...

The butterfly is a perfect touch, a lovely looking card.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Say what???!!! Your colored die cut flowers look just like some kind of special purchased ephemera. You sure fooled me! I was surprised when you said you made them. Love the patterned paper background, too, and the butterfly ephemera. Well done, Connie!

Donna Phelan said...

Magnificent! Love how you colored them up...glad you found this fab die in your stash, think of all that moolah you just saved--now you can buy something else hahaha Love this creation!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

This is amazing! I really love the different shades of paper you used for the flower, that gave it such a depth.

-Soma

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness that flower is incredible and i love the addition of the butterfly too. Super stunning card.

Louca por porcelana said...

Stunning card. Have a lovely week ahead.