Sunday, November 21, 2021

Pressed leaves

 A few of us girls in our cardmaking group were talking about pressing leaves, a few weeks back. I went for a walk a couple days later and found some freshly fallen leaves that were in very good shape on the road so I picked them up, came home and washed them off, they were a little dirty and laid them on a paper towel, well things got busy and I totally forgot that I laid them out, when I came back they were so dry and a little brittle.  I decided to  spritz them with water and then put the leaves between two pieces of paper and ran it through my Gemini die cut machine.  I wasn't a big fan of the results it was very subtle so I just sat it aside.  

Later I was making this card and had cut the die from a piece of background I had made using colorburst inks, I went looking for something I could use for the base of my card and I came upon this pressed leaves background and decided to use it, I sponged some distress inks on it.


  • Background made pressing leaves into the paper, then inked with Distress inks, crackling campfire, Ripe persimmon and Carved Pumpkin
  • Tutti Designs - Maple Vine Frame, cut from background made using colorbursts - Marigold, Peony and Naples Yellow
  • Simon Says stamps - You matter stamp and die set
You may be able to see the impression of the leaves in the background in this closeup, as you can tell I didn't have the leaves cleaned as well as I had hoped. 


I would like to add this to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Make your own background

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
Have a wonderful week ahead!

Connie

12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant colours, lovely design. Love those leaf dies x

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Glad you didn't toss the leaves-cutting out. I think it looks fantastic and very clever too!

-Soma

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely card. The colours are so very pretty. The impression of your leaf is quite neat. I did the same thing this year and all my hard efforts of collecting leaves disappointed me when I saw them drying out before my eyes. Ended up collecting some more and immediately pressed them in a book between wax paper.

Have a great start to your week.

Kim said...

That orange and pink look fabulous together, Connie. I love the idea of pressing leaves onto the background. This is a lovely card.

Birgit said...

This is so pretty Connie! Lovely warm colors. I've tried the pressed leaves technique too, with very sad results. I can see the impression on your close up though. Makes me wish I had kept mine instead of tossing them. What a great way to save your work. Your card turned out beautifully.

R's Rue said...

So perfect.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, your pressed leaves are subtle, but they really are gorgeous! It's like a lightly embossed panel. Pretty amazing, really. Love the leaf frame and all the colors you used. This is a fabulous card, Connie!

Lowcarb team member said...

The colours are lovely together.

I enjoyed a walk recently and there were plenty of fallen leaves, such lovely colours at this time of year.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

connie...this is beautiful!! once you explained it, i realized the natural element to it!!

JD/ Jill said...

I like the vibrant, cheery, colors you used on this card. And thnak you for showing the close up of the leaves impressions... That is really neat. Must try that sometime.

Louca por porcelana said...

Awesome! Love.

Lisa said...

That pressed leaf added a great embossed look to your beautiful card. I am really impressed with the color combination on this card. Now I want to drag out some pink and orange because this is amazing.