Tuesday, November 16, 2021

In the Leaves

 I am once again using my new papers for the background and some of the new rub ons in the top right and bottom left corners, this time adding a flower and leaves to it.  I used cardstock and pieces of left over backgrounds I had made to layer up the flower.  I decided to go with brown leaves instead of the traditional green.


  • Gemini - Dahlia double sided dies
  • Spellbinders - Decorative Labels 28 die
  • 49 and Market - In the leaves 12x12 papers and Rubon on transfers
  • Bo Bunny - Sentiment stamp with Faux stitching
The frame I used in the background was made by just cutting out the center of the card stock. As you can see the cardstock frame and some of the papers used for the flower had shimmer in them.



I would like to share todays card with The Flower Challenge blog Add leaves




Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Debbie said...

isn't it fun to use new papers and embellishments?!?! this card is so pretty, colorful and fun!! i like "o happy day" that is so clever!!

i hope you are having a great day connie, our weather here is beautiful!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Pretty flower and papers! I have some 49 & Market and absolutely love it. Haven't used it nearly enough because I have so MUCH paper. Love how you framed the flower while still letting all the paper show through.

Kim said...

Such pretty dimension on the big, blowsy flower. The brown leaves are just right for this card. The rub on adds to the loveliness. A lovely card, Connie.

aussie aNNie said...

So many beautiful colours in this card, stunning..xx

Donna Phelan said...

Your background paper is lovely! Loving that layered dahlia, the dies look perfect!

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Connie! The brown leaves add richness and warmth to this beautiful, layered card. So pretty!

Viv said...

Beautiful card Connie! love your pretty Dahlia and the whole design too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

April said...

This is so pretty! I have a bunch of rub ons and I need to get them out and use them more. Thanks for the inspiration!

R's Rue said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Janice said...

Beautiful floral card, such lovely colours too.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So many pretty layers xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful background papers, love the frame, and love your brown leaves too! Such a lovely fall creation!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the brown leaves work well in this card.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Great flower die and I love that you did the leaves in brown rather than green. Nice change to traditional colors.