Friday, November 19, 2021

Just a note

  A quick break from the Thanksgiving cards. This time I pulled out one of my old paper stacks that have great glitter paper and great card focals or toppers in them.  I needed a card for a friend going through surgery first. I added the sentiment stamp, ribbon, die cut bow and some pearl drops.


  • DCWV - The Wild Splendor paper
  • Gold Paint pen around the sentiment tag
  • Hero Arts - Everyday sayings stamp sentiment
  • Ribbon - Walmart
  • Liquid pearls - Copper
  • Tim Holtz - die cut bow


The Second card was for a birthday, I liked the flowers but wasn't sure about the words so colorful on the tag, then I thought of adding part of a sentiment stamp so that it would go along with that statement.


  • DCWV - Wild Splendor paper, inking around the card focal
  • Paper Smooches - Happy Birthday sentiment (Used part of the stamp)


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

10 comments:

Daniela said...

I'm always feeling in awe when I see what you're able to do with card and colors, you truly amaze me my sweet friend!
In the hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day,
I'm sending blessings on the end of your week
XO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~

Lisa said...

Great sketch and two wonderful cards with it too. I really like the fancy fiber on the top card. It adds just a bit of fun interest and texture to the card.

Birgit said...

Two fantastic cards, Connie! Adding that part of the sentiment to the "so colorful" card is genius. It totally works!

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful card! I like all that glitter!

Darlene said...

All are just fabulous my friend and I'm sure will delight the recipients! I've spent the past couple of days creating Just a Note 6 card paper packs to surprise my cousins with when we meet for breakfast on the 1st Friday in December. Was lots of fun and used up some of this mountain of 12x12 papers I have 'collected' lol.
Don't forget we still have a FALL challenge going on over on our FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE through the 25th ... would love to have you enter another of your beautiful Fall creations with us!!

Leslie Miller said...

LOVE that DCWV paper! They have some great stuff. Your cards are utterly gorgeous and it was very clever of you to add the extra sentiment to the "so colorful" card. It made all the difference!

Donna Phelan said...

Both creations are lovely and I love both designs! Your 1st one is perfect, that ribbon technique/trim looks amazing! I also love how you added more to your sentiment--how perfect! Both cards are so collagey--which I adore!

Debbie said...

this is gorgeous!! what a great card for a fall birthday!!

and sometimes you need "just a note" and this one is so pretty!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your cards shine brightly. Love, Love, Love!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely cards.
I always find it handy to have some "just a note" ones.

All the best Jan