Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving

 I have decided to make a new tradition on Thanksgiving, when I said my prayers this morning it was nothing but all the things I am thankful for, I asked nothing of him just all that I am thankful for. Normally I tell him a few things I am thankful for each morning and then go on to pray for all those that need healing, our world situations, ect. I know I didn't even hit all the things I am thankful for but thankfully he knows my heart.  

I am thankful for the friends I have made through my blog too, and I hope today you have so many things that you are thankful for that you are overwhelmed by them.

The card I am sharing today I sent to my sister, she texted me to tell me she liked a card I made with this window die a few months ago so I used the same set to make her Thanksgiving card, instead of the flowers she got pumpkins in the window.  She can take off the Thanksgiving sign if she wants to display it during the Autumn season.


  • Poppystamps - Small Madison window and Picket fence dies
  • Studio G - Pumpkin stamps, colored w/markers
  • Tim Holtz - Bricked embossing folder, sponged ink over embossing and Crochet die
  • Impression Obsession - Sentiments II stamp
  • Jute


I meant to post this card yesterday but time got away from me.

All these images came from a wall calendar, I just fussy cut them and matted them with squares cut from dies.


  • Images cut from wall Calendar
  • PPD - Mini stitched squares for matting
  • Ms. Sparkle & co. - thankful paper
  • Fiskars - sentiment stamp


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!

Connie

16 comments:

Debbie said...

ooooh the white picket fence, how sweet!! both of these are awesome, traditional thanksgiving cards, but i really love the first one!!

happy thanksgiving connie, we have so much to be thankful for!!

Kim said...

Both cards are fabulous. There is much to be thankful for. May your Thanksgiving be a lovely one, dear Connie.

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wishes.

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

Both cards are lovely, but the window card is my favorite! Love all the details you included with the pumpkins, sign, fence etc.

Donna Phelan said...

Love how you 'fall-ed' up the window boxes and house scene you created. Everyone should have their own little white picket fence--I do! Your second card is perfect! Nice and clean I adore that pretty plaid!

Lisa said...

Super layout with these fun little images. This is a wonderful fall/Thanksgiving/Thankful card.

Birgit said...

These are lovely Connie! I too, am so very thankful for blogging friends, especially you! I hope you had a blessed thanksgiving.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.

April said...

Both of your cards are great! I love the plaid on the second card and the pumpkins in the window box on the first card is a very clever idea! Doesn't it seem like we always have something to ask of the Lord instead of just being thankful for all that He has done? What a great reminder to give Him more thanks every day.

aussie aNNie said...

Wow a beautiful cards, so love these for Thanksgiving, and fabulous colours of it too.. Great deco's xx

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful cards. I wish you had a lovely Thanksgiving's Day. Hugs and blessings. Maristella.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Such cute cards

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I hope that you had a lovely and peaceful Thanksgiving, dear Connie. Love your sweet gratitude. Your sister's card is so nice - I'm sure she loved it! Hugs xo K

Darlene said...

Beautiful cards my friend! I hope your Thanksgiving was as blessed as mine was! God is Good!!! Praying our world gets it's act together and people start 'playing nice'. So thankful for OUR friendship! HUGS

JD/ Jill said...

These are two very nicely done Thanksgiving cards. I really like that brick embossing folder that you used for your background..

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was very quiet. So different from years past. But I was still thankful for the nice day.

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful post, Connie. I cannot count all the things I am continually thankful for. There is a lot wrong with the world, but a lot good, too, and my life has been blessed. Wonderful cards. Love the purple plaid.