Friday, February 18, 2022

Birthday Dreams

 Our niece on my hubby's side loves the tropical places, she goes there on her trips when she can and since Michigan is having a hard winter this year I thought for her birthday I would send a scene to remind her it will be nice again :) I stamped in a gray color on Cream cardstock and then colored it in and did a little sponge inking for the sky.  I didn't care for how the grass turned out on the side so I added a die cut piece of grass over top.


  • Our Daily Bread designs - The Mighty Sea, colored w/markers
  • PPD - Stitched Postage Stamp die
  • October Afternoon - Seaside paper
  • Die Versions - Celebrate die
  • Impression Obsession - small grass die
  • Spectrum Sparkle clear pen


You can see a little bit of the sparkle in the water in this picture.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

April said...

What a beautiful scene! I know she will love this card and dream about her next trip!

ChristineCreations said...

That is a beautiful sea scene! It’s perfect in a postage stamp die too. Gives you the feeling of sending a post card!

R's Rue said...

Wonderful. I love it.

Kim said...

Your pretty card will certainly make your tropical-place-loving niece smile. Yes, I would imagine Michigan is the furthest from a sense of the tropics right about now. =)

Lisa said...

Great scene and I am sure your niece loves it too. I love the addition of the die cut grass, it is wonderful when as a crafter we don't care for something and find a way to make it better rather than tossing it and starting over.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful. I love water/ocean related cards. Although your grass didn't turn out as expected, the new grass add some wonderful texture.

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC! She is going to LOVE IT!!! How thoughtful of you (no surprise there!). Beautifully designed my friend! Well done!

Donna Phelan said...

As one who travels and loves the tropics, I know she will adore this beauty and probably put it right on her fridge! Great scene, I would visit this spot for sure! ;)

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, what a wonderful scene! We can all use a little bit of this right now. Your niece will appreciate this lovely reminder and look forward to sunnier days!

Debbie said...

this is really beautiful connie and you are so very thoughtful!! i think this card is perfect for your niece, she is going to love it!!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful scene.
Brought back memories for me too. (Memories of the last time I was on a beach in 2007. It was one of best vacations ever.)

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a pretty scene xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

Great card.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh my, I love the pretty water scene and the postage stamp cut out!! I really need to get some postage stamp dies!!