Sunday, February 13, 2022

Red & White

 My stamp group Christmas challenge for this month was to use Red and White, I ended up adding a bit of silver in there too on my first card.

I first made a background sheet using my Alcohol inks and a bit of silver mixative, then I cut the flowers out.


  • Poppystamps - Blooming Poinsettia die cut from Alcohol inked background and silver mixative
  • Sizzix - Woven embossing folder
  • Tim Holtz - Metallic cardstock
  • Simon says stamps - Tiny words Christmas


                                      

My last card I stamped onto the Alcohol ink background with my Versamark ink and embossed with Black embossing powder and fussy cut the ornament.  I punched the snowflakes from the background too. The top embossing is from a plate and not a folder that I got in a cardmaking magazine, so I used vellum so I could see through to the plate to know where to push my stylus to make the indents, lets say it is a lot faster with an embossing folder.



  • Impression Obsession - Leaf Ornament, stamped and embossed w/black embossing powder onto an Alcohol ink background
  • Quick Cards magazine - Snowflake embossing board, using vellum and stylus
  • Diamond Press - Stamp sentiment
  • Hot off the press - Dazzles, 31 white Jewel border stickers
  • Martha Stewart - Snowflake punch from alcohol ink background


Thanks so much to those of you that had answered my questions about Vertigo, I appreciate you taking out the time.

Thanks for taking out the time to stop by today too and letting me know you have,

Connie

19 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Connie these are GORGEOUS! Beautiful designs! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
Darlene
COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you know we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE?. Hope to see you there!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Connie, these are gorgeous!! You really did a fabulous job with the challenge. The silver looks good on the first card. On the second card I like how the stamping is done along the bottom.

Louca por porcelana said...

Just wonderful. Xoxo.

April said...

Your cards are so pretty! I love the poinsettias. It was great to use the alcohol background and then stamp and cut out the images.

Makira said...

💝💝💝 these! They are both stunning! I really enjoy the mixed media you use. I look forward to seeing your makes in the future. Cheers, Makira CO DT

JD/ Jill said...

These are two really beautiful Christmas cards!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful ornament with the textured background. Those Poinsettias are magnificent and that gorgeous texture! WOW!!! Love how you made your card stock to die cut, really FAB!

Diane said...

Both are beautiful cards, those Poinsettias are gorgeous! Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
Diane CO DT {Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}

Em Louise Fairley said...

Both cards are beautiful xoxo

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Oh Wow those cards are gorgeous love the poinsettia one the most though stunning. Love Alison xxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Both cards are just stunning! WOW! Great work. I hope you have a Happy Valentine’s Day!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, both cards are fantastic! I LOVE your poinsettias sprinkled with silver(?) snow and set against the embossed base. What a gorgeous ornament, too. There is a lot of depth in your alcohol ink backgrounds.

Lowcarb team member said...

These are FABULOUS.

Happy Valentines Day Wishes.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

these are gorgeous. i really like the colors and the elegant presentation!!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards lovely colours and flowers...as always . xx

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful red and white cards --- I especially love that poinsettia one!

Aileen said...

Wow Connie the poinsettia look absolutely stunning. The depth of colour in the inks, such a beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

Lisa said...

Wowza that poinsettia is incredible and the silver is perfect to really add some shine to it too. I love that on the second card you used more of the lovely BG to add some punched snowflakes. It turned out great and is a wonderful way to draw the eyes to the sentiment strip.

TaeEun said...

The alcohol inked poinsettias are just gorgeous! I love red and silver combination on Christmas cards! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!