Monday, February 28, 2022

Live this life

 I am sharing another card using a sticker that I found at Dollar Tree last year.  I check in there every now and then just to see what they have and sometimes I hit the jackpot.  Here lately our stores haven't had anything all that great, it could be my timing too. This one is a 3D sticker, with lot's of dimension.

I started off using my scraps for the background of my card.  I added the sticker over a tag that had some image or sentiment I didn't care for. Then to mimic the newsprint look in the background of the sticker I added a strip I tore from an old book.  Added a ribbon that I tied with some Jute, a sentiment sticker and a little inking around everything and the card was done.


  • Forever in Time - Glitter sticker
  • Paula Deen - Tag pad
  • My mind's eye - The sweetest thing paper
  • Making Memories - Autumn Splendor ribbon
  • Jute
  • Dictionary page torn and inked
  • Tim Holtz - Metallic sticker sentiment 

I would like to share my card with Simon Says Challenge anything goes.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Debbie said...

wow connie, i really love this care and i can't believe that you got the sticker at the dollar store!! you certainly presented it beautifully on the card, surrounding it with very pretty paper!!

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, that works to layer the sticker over an unwanted portion of the tag! The two go together beautifully, and you've brought the whole works together with the inky book page. Very pretty, Connie!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful 😍

April said...

Your card is beautiful! I will have to look for stickers there now.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love this card, Connie, and how you always find such interesting and pretty elements to put your cards together. The sunflowers are extra special, especially now with them being Ukraine's symbolic flower. Hugs xo K

JD/ Jill said...

This is lovely! A great design!

Donna Phelan said...

Very cool sticker! I drop in from time to time too for small little crafts for Penny, it has become a great resource! Love this card as I adore Tags! This is awesome!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a gorgeous card. Nice yellow reminds me of a hint of spring. Clever idea to add a page from a book to coordinate with your sticker.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Connie, love how you put the tag together with all the elements, looks fabulous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

JD/ Jill said...

Just Jill here again. I wonder the same thing with trying to organize my craft room. I'll try to change things around for the better. Then I forget where I put them in the new place...smile...

Thank you for the nice words of encouragement that you sent to me...I appreciate that so much.

Lowcarb team member said...

Brilliant card Connie, very well done.

Happy March Wishes.

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

So cheery and beautiful in yellow. I love the dictionary page behind your tag.

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card.

Lisa said...

Great dimension on that sticker and the tag is a wonderful way to display it. I love the papers for the card base too. Nicely done.