Thursday, February 24, 2022

Purple and Gold

 I had seen this washi tape being used in different ways on cards on the Altenew  blog and just loved it but talked myself out of getting it. Well last fall when we went to the stamp store over in Missouri I saw it there in person and I just couldn't resist and hoped I would get some use out of it.  This first time using it I just applied it to my cardstock as my background, added a die cut and a gold die cut sentiment to go with the gold in the Washi tape. I just love the water color look of the flowers and all the gold touches,


  • Altenew - Glitter Flurries Washi tape for card background
  • Gemini - Opulent Swirls die
  • Spellbinders - Happy Birthday die
  • Recollections - Iridescent gem


You can see a little more of the shine of the gold in the close up picture above.

We have been getting freezing rain, sleet and snow mix, should be ending by this evening, but I hear that the East Coast is going to get hit hard again, take care and stay safe, there has been pile up accidents here.


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.
Connie

16 comments:

April said...

The washi tape background is beautiful and so is your card! I love the die and gold saying.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wow just love it will have to have a go at using Washi tape now. Love Alison xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A very delicate and pretty looking card. All the gold with the purple is so very pretty.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Such a beautiful and soft look! I can see how you were tempted by the tape!

aussie aNNie said...

Looking good, great card and beautiful design.
Keep Safe ♥

Graça Gamito said...

And once again I'm fascinated by your imagination translated through materials that Connie applies so well. Really enjoyed!

Esther Asbury said...

Absolutely gorgeous washi tape and I love the elegant die cut across the top!! Beautiful card!

R's Rue said...

So nice.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness that is gorgeous washi tape. I have not seen it until this card and now I want to go check it out. Great lacy die cut and the gold sentiment is perfect to compliment the gold in the tape. Gorgeous card.

Birgit said...

This is so pretty and elegant, Connie. The gold adds a wonderful richness, and the lacy top die is so very feminine. Absolutely stunning!

Donna Phelan said...

Well that is a gorgeous print, glad you talked yourself into it lol Certainly makes for a very pretty card!

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, so pretty! The washi tape is amazing. It has the look of handmade paper. The gold is stunning and, ohhhh, that lacy die!

Debbie said...

such a beautiful card. i really like wash tape and this is a great way to use it!!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card!

Louca por porcelana said...

Just wonderful!