Tuesday, February 15, 2022

The World

 Last month when I did that Christmas tree card and my hubby liked how I did the shading of the moon on it, well I decided to do something like that since he liked it so much, but what to do with it and then I remembered this set from Crafters companion, it has stamps and the die cut globe stand, perfect.  

I first started out by inking a background and masking for the moon, I added a few drops of water after to give it a starry look to the background.  Couldn't find a paper that looked good behind it so I just splashed on some white paint I slightly watered down with water direct to the card base.  Added a little enamel heart and I was done.


  • Crafters Companion - Stamp and die globe
  • Inked background with distress inks after masking for the moon, splashed a little water
  • Stampin up - enamel shapes (heart)
  • Black card base has been splattered with watered down white paint


Some of you may be wondering where is the card from my hubby, well he didn't have time to make one but he did get me a lovely bouquet of flowers and encouraged me to get some dies I had been wanting :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love this masculine Valentine card with that bright, pretty moon! The splattered black background is perfect!

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done card!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Excellent work. The moon is shining so brightly on the world.

Donna Phelan said...

Great background, your moon looks like the one I see right now! Love how you paired it with the globe and the perfect sentiment!

aussie aNNie said...

wowzer, fabulous moon, great card, great colours and brilliant design...xx

Debbie said...

this is a really wonderful card, i am so glad you shared it with us!! lots of thought went in to it and the outcome is "out of this world"!!!

April said...

I love the moon background. Great masculine Valentine.

Daniela said...

I always feel so enthusiastic for every project you give life to, your style is unique, sweet friend of mine!
Thank you for being so special <3
XOXO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Darlene said...

Excellent masculine Valentine my friend! LOVE how you did the background ... it is AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, this is so wonderful with the globe and the moon! Your sky is amazing. The sentiment is the nicest thing to say. I know your hubby loved it!

Kim said...

Love the card, Connie; so very creative. The splotches of white paint was such a good idea. Why, I think a bouquet of flowers is perfect for Valentine's Day....and pretty much every other occasion, really. =)

Lisa said...

Gorgeous inking on that moon and the globe is great for embellishing that incredible panel.