Friday, February 4, 2022

Bouncing Brayer

 We recently had our zoom meeting with my stamp group and we did a new technique to me called Bouncing brayer.  We took glossy cardstock and dye inks and inked up the brayer and then bounced it on the cardstock, moving it around as we bounced.  We cut the center out with a die and added our own stamps to the center.


When you open the inside this is what I added there, these stamps are all from the same set.


When it is fully open this is what the inside looks like.  A fun fold card plus fun technique.  We did more samples but I haven't had time to make those into cards yet.


  • Hero Arts - Birthday wishes stamp set, colored w/markers
  • Glossy cardstock for the bouncing brayer technique and die inks
We got about 6 inches of snow so we are going to get out today and take some pictures, hoping the roads are clean our road hasn't been touched yet and it is usually one of the first ones, so we will see how far we get.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Birgit said...

Very cool! What a fun and unique technique. We are getting more snow today too. Unfortunately, I'm not that excited to get out and see it. I'm ready for it to go away. haha! Have a great drive and be safe. (hugs)

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful. Love Alison x

Debbie said...

what a great folded card and i like the technique, the card finished up beautifully. i can't remember if you like snow, but if you do, have fun. freshly fallen snow is so spectacular...and 6" is a nice amount. all of our snow is gone, it has been raining all day!!

aussie aNNie said...

I recently saw this technique and so interesting. Great result...Love your male gift tags below post too. xx

Donna Phelan said...

Greta fun fold, super cool technique! Your front panel is sooooo perfect for that birthday greeting/image! LOVE it! Thursday Penny and I got out lots of ink and a brayer too, we're making Valentine's lol We had about a foot of snow from last week's blizzard, rained all day yesterday and a lot of it is gone....but of course woke up to it snowing this morning, everything is white again. Time to craft and clean I suppose lol

Lisa said...

I love the bouncing brayer look and super color too. The fold is super fun too and I am sure the recipient will love having a more interactive card.

Darlene said...

What a cool technique (new to me). Awesome card my friend! Hope you were able to get some fabulous snow photos. You/Greg are such awesome photographers. Be safe! We got another 11" on Thursday which I spent yesterday morning snow blowing from my driveway/sidewalks lol. Looks pretty but I'm ready for spring! LOL

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done! And the technique sounds like fun. It's been a long time since I got out my brayers.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Nice bouncing brayer results. I like the stamp you used. The inside flap looks great with the dictionary summary.

Louca por porcelana said...

Great job. Hugs.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Yours turned out so well!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card with a fun technique xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow, I had to read a few times to understand, but what an interesting technique! I can't believe how perfect a pattern you made. I love the look of the bouncing brayer, plus the fold and the inside make it even more interesting!