Friday, February 11, 2022

Paper Napkin

 A few of the girls from my cardmaking group sent me napkins last year and I am just now getting around to using them, I loved this flowery napkin and I thought I will need something bold with no pattern to go against it with no real color, so I thought of my wood pieces and brought out this bird and made a frame using my dies.


  • Paper Napkin, applied to cardstock base with glue
  • Spellbinders - Picot Edge circle and Standard Circle large dies to make frame
  • Recollections - Wood Bird
  • Stamps of Life - Minis4circles sentiment stamp
  • Circle punch
  • Clear gems around frame


I have a question for anyone that suffers with Vertigo, is there medication you take for it, or exercises you do that helps, I had a very bad episode again yesterday, took me totally out for several hours yesterday and now I am much better at least able to sit here but not great yet.  I went to a doctor a couple years ago when all this started and he has since retired, he gave me exercises to do that made it all worse and I wasn't able to function, after 3 days I quit. Just curious if anyone else has had luck with anything.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

There sure are some beautiful napkins. I see them and swoon. This one is so pretty with the lacy circle and the bird. I'm no help about the vertigo, but I'm sure sorry you're still dealing with it. You'd think a doctor could help. My friend's husband had vertigo like you, but he was found to have low B12 and underwent treatment for that. I don't remember if it was the answer to his vertigo.

April said...

I love the pretty napkin background. The bird is beautiful and I love the circle die.

JD/ Jill said...

The napkin made for a pretty background on your nicely done card.

Vertigo...Yes I have experience with that...I'm going to send you an email...I ended up in the hospital for 5 days with high BP and Verigo.. (never thought they would keep me there for 5 days because of that!). I'll send you more info on this.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful napkins make a brilliant card and designed brilliantly as always. ♥

Birgit said...

This is so pretty, Connie! I've done this technique before with some of my crafty friends. So glad to see it being done again as it inspires me to try it again. Well done~

Debbie said...

WoW!!! so bright and vibrant, i love this card!! as for vertigo, i take antivert. i get very nauseous during the bouts, so i take zofran for the nausea. if you see a doctor, they will be able to help you. it is not medication you have to take all of the time, just when it happens. i have had pretty good luck with it!!

Connie said...

You've out done yourself, this is absolutely gorgeous.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Connie
Many thanks for sharing this lovely card.

With regard to your question about vertigo, I don't know it either of the two articles I have given links to may be helpful.

https://patient.info/signs-symptoms/dizziness/vertigo

https://www.uhs.nhs.uk/Media/UHS-website-2019/Patientinformation/Audiology/Brandt-Daroff-exercises-to-treat-BPPV-2839-PIL.pdf

However, I am not medically qualified, and it is always advisable to speak with your GP/medical team if you are not feeling well.

My good wishes

All the best Jan

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card. You should see your doctor. Best wishes for you.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Sweet card. Hoping some of the advice given has helped with your vertigo xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Wow!! What a gorgeous card! I love that pretty napkin background.
So sorry you suffer from vertigo....wish I knew something that would help you! Hugs my friend.

Lisa said...

What a great way to use that napkin and the wood bird. I have a few bags of wood embellishments and need to get them used up from my tote. Now you have me thinking about using a few more. This is just gorgeous.