Thursday, August 18, 2022

Birthday Rose

 I have a few of these flowers I made ahead, and wanted to use one of them for this next birthday card I needed.  When looking for the right papers to go with them I found just a small piece of this flower paper left in the pack and thought it matched perfectly with my die cut flower, so I went through and found more scraps to go with it to make up the background.


  • Gemini - Rose double sided dies
  • BasicGrey - Porcelain Paper
  • Gina Marie - Birthday words
  • Dew drops

I love having these dies all ready to go when I want to make a project. I have been trying to work on having these things made up ahead of time.

We are having a cool morning so I am on my way out to do some yard work before it heats up.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Lovely colors, layers and beautiful design, Connie. Loving the background, and the wonderful die cuts! Wishing you a beautiful week-end! hugs, de

Esther Asbury said...

Making up flowers or embellishments ahead of time is also great for when you don't feel inspired to create an entire project but still want to do something crafty!
Love your flower and the papers you chose compliment it perfectly! Beautiful card!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

It's so lovely, Connie! I like that you used two kinds of paper for the background, and they really match your flower perfectly. Great idea with having some of it made ahead of time. That's way when you are looking for a quick creative break, you have everything ready to go.

-Soma

Birgit said...

This is stunning Connie! What beautiful papers you've used. The layered rose looks dreamy and so artistic. I have a box full of "ready to use" stamped images and die cuts. It's so handy when you want to craft but are short on time or inspiration. Just start digging through the box! Glad you're enjoying the cooler temps.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie! xoxo

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous! Love that layered rose die cut, it's quite fabulous and that Paper is so pretty! Looks like they were made with each in mind! We have cooler temps too, yay! I also should be weeding....but.....lol

Debbie said...

i would think having some elements to a card "already done" would be both helpful and inspiring!! like when your stuck, it would jump start your vision!!

this card is beautiful, the papers match perfectly!!

it was cool here too yesterday morning, but it quickly heated up!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card dear friend. Blessings.

Leslie Miller said...

This paper is absolutely perfect for your beautiful flower! What a gorgeous card, Connie!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous die cut flower and wonderful colors you used for layering. I love when I can use up scrap papers for a wonderful card like you have done here.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Thud. Stopped in my tracks for such a beautiful card. The paper coordinates beautifully with the rose you have coloured up so nice.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful (Pink) card! Nicely done!

Darlene said...

OMG this birthday rose card is GORGEOUS! Love the background design and your roses are colored exquisitely! Well done ... sure to bring a big smile!